What's new

E-cigs on the NHS - BBC News

Tis funny though, good positive news and you will only hear about it again if you activiely look for it. But as soon as some twat in american decides to publis his stupid fantasies on how dangerous vaping is and general dangers, its front page news.
But then again thats tabloids for you,they just want catchy headlines fear mongering so readers panic buy their shitty paper.
censorship and propaganda, brought to you by...the fucking greed for money.

Tis funny though, good positive news and you will only hear about it again if you activiely look for it. But as soon as some twat in american decides to publis his stupid fantasies on how dangerous vaping is and general dangers, its front page news.
But then again thats tabloids for you,they just want catchy headlines fear mongering so readers panic buy their shitty paper.
censorship and propaganda, brought to you by...the fucking greed for money.

What money is there for newspapers to spread bad info about vaping, though?

I approve of almost everything PHE says about vaping so having them being quoted in the news is always a good thing.
I do not see the need however to medicalise vaping devices and having them on prescription.
If doctors encourage smokers to switch and are able to give some practical advice on nicotine levels then that is all good.

Quit smoking services will always see vaping as a step towards giving up nicotine all together so will have their own ideas about which type of devices to recommend, which is fair enough but whatever these recommended devices are they will be well within the budget of anyone who has been able to afford a cigarette addiction. Putting them on prescription will just piss too many people off and imo have no great impact on switch rates from smoking to vaping. Getting the message out that vaping is 95% safer than smoking and that it is effective should be all that is required of the medical profession.

1. Everyone loves a scare story, makes people buy papers, more money.
2. Backhanders from tobacco companies and pharama companies to stop people from buying them.
Papers dont give a fuck, they just want money. Greed for money. If the world was honest and hunky dory, you wouldnt have bans on vaping i. Countries, and cities, pumping out false studies with agendas etc etc etc etc...
Its not just vaping with newspapers, can be anything, go on daily fail and i guarantee everyday there is a little article about what mcdonalds is doing. Blatant paid advertisement in the form of a news article.

The media controls how we think, tells is what would should eat, how we should sleep, what we should buy. The media is the most powerful weapon ever to have been created.
You throw money at that media, they print what you want, and youve got people reading and beleiving what you want...

The media controls how we think, tells is what would should eat, how we should sleep, what we should buy. The media is the most powerful weapon ever to have been created.
You throw money at that media, they print what you want, and youve got people reading and beleiving what you want...

That sounds a bit conspiratorial. Do the black pope and the club of rome have something to do with all this, then?

Clicks = revenue from advertisers and bad info brings views, not least from us. We really should stop doing that.

This would make more sense that @JesusFoggingChrist ’s conspiracy theory. But I’m not so sure that a story saying that vaping is good or bad would have massive appeal. Aren’t most people interested in what happened on celebrity big brother and what scandals are happening in the lives of b list cenebrities?

Last edited:
This would make more sense that @JesusFoggingChrist ’s theory. But I’m not so sure that a story saying that vaping is good or bad would have massive appeal. Aren’t most people interested in what happened on celebrity big brother and what scandals are happening in the lives of b list cenebrities?

Yes, but they want to get the celeb junkies and as many other people as possible so they need a range of other stories as well. Vaping seems to polarise opinion so it is a good story whether it is positive or negative from our perspective, it will generate strong feelings in readers and strong feelings especially anger leads to folk posting links all over the web.

I approve of almost everything PHE says about vaping so having them being quoted in the news is always a good thing.
I do not see the need however to medicalise vaping devices and having them on prescription.
If doctors encourage smokers to switch and are able to give some practical advice on nicotine levels then that is all good.

Quit smoking services will always see vaping as a step towards giving up nicotine all together so will have their own ideas about which type of devices to recommend, which is fair enough but whatever these recommended devices are they will be well within the budget of anyone who has been able to afford a cigarette addiction. Putting them on prescription will just piss too many people off and imo have no great impact on switch rates from smoking to vaping. Getting the message out that vaping is 95% safer than smoking and that it is effective should be all that is required of the medical profession.

Good post, I do agree with what you are saying here. I don’t want to have to go to he doctor to get a prescription for eliquid or a new tank either.

Although, I also think that a powerful element within the vaping industry is totally playing into the hands of the pharmas in this sense by marketing vaping irresponsibly as some kind of extreme sport for teenagers.

I’m not sure that I would predict a ban on vaping equipment outside of doctors surgeries and pharmacists. It seems unlikely to me at this point but maybe appears more likely the more irresponsible the irresponsible segment of the industry gets.

Back
Top Bottom