What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

E-cigs on the NHS - BBC News

CarbonBoy

Achiever
Watched/listened to this article this morning

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-42950607

Quite an opportune time for the BBC to cover this topic. Seemed to be quite reasoned and balanced too, which was refreshing. The viewer comments were a different story though, which I guess is to be expected.

Positive in some respects.....

however I think this might be the first step to banning everything that isn't registered and has a medicinal licence as a quit smoking aid, it's exactly what I was talking about in the other thread.

No e-cigarettes are currently licensed in the UK as a quit-smoking aid.

And PHE is calling for "an easier route" for manufacturers to get a medicinal licence.

"Anything that the [Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency] MHRA can do to make it easier for manufacturers we think would be helpful," said PHE health improvement director John Newton.

Positive in some respects.....

I was looking at it more from the 'educational' viewpoint. Prime spot on BBC Breakfast News and it did touch on (not in depth) several points that we (vapers) often find ourselves explaining to other non-vapers.

I was looking at it more from the 'educational' viewpoint. Prime spot on BBC Breakfast News and it did touch on (not in depth) several points that we (vapers) often find ourselves explaining to other non-vapers.

I agree it's fantastic in that respect. ... anything positive in the news always is

.... and personally I don't really care if everything Smok makes becomes illegal because it's not considered a 'quit aid' by the government ... but that would have massive repercussions across the industry, much more than the TPD.

I would imagine prescription devices would be all in one pod devices? That would make sense and leave everything else to the enthusiasts please.

I just heard they may be allowing vaping on hospital wards? This is on ITV news.

Even as a vaper myself, I'm not too sure how this would work out. If they allowed devices that were quite stealthy in regards to vapour, I think it could be good.
However, if they allow massive clouds I could see people quickly getting pissed off on the wards. I wouldn't be too happy to be going to see for example a dying relative while the ward is full of vapour.

I just heard they may be allowing vaping on hospital wards? This is on ITV news.

Even as a vaper myself, I'm not too sure how this would work out. If they allowed devices that were quite stealthy in regards to vapour, I think it could be good.
However, if they allow massive clouds I could see people quickly getting pissed off on the wards. I wouldn't be too happy to be going to see for example a dying relative while the ward is full of vapour.

I would tend to agree. Time and a place.

The first few lines of the link were reported on Radio 2 at 8.30 (don't know why I was listening, can't stand Chris Evans), it sounded so positive I spat coffee across the kitchen, really caught me off guard. Unfortunately it's not been repeated since, must be to do with increased reporting of the financial markets - money over health, again.

Interestly to me at least, I've seen loads of vapers wondering around town today. By loads I mean easily high double figures. That's not a common sight around this way.

Back
Top Bottom