What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

E-cigs not as harmless as claimed

Arthritis and Knee Pain: The Best Solution is Not Drugs or Surgery
The paragraph:
Sixth, arthroscopic knee surgery has been shown to have
no measurable benefit in OA of the knee!
The definitive double-blind study on surgery for OA of the knee was performed by Dr. J. Bruce Moseley and his team at Baylor College of Medicine and the Houston Veterans Affairs Medical Center and published July 11, 2002 in the New England Journal of Medicine. Dr. Moseley studied a total of 180 patients with osteoarthritis of the knee that were randomly assigned to receive arthroscopic débridement, arthroscopic lavage, or placebo surgery. Patients in the placebo group received skin incisions and underwent a simulated débridement without insertion of the arthroscope. Outcomes were assessed at multiple points over a 24-month period with the use of five self-reported scores - three on scales for pain and two on scales for function - and one objective test of walking and stair climbing. At no time in the 2 year follow-up did either of the intervention groups report less pain or better function than the placebo group. Moseley concluded that "in this controlled trial involving patients with osteoarthritis of the knee, the outcomes after arthroscopic lavage or arthroscopic débridement were no better than those after a placebo procedure". Since this study was published, this surgery continues to be performed on over 650,000 knees in the US at a combined cost of over $5.2 billion a year!

Difference is this Doc seems to know WTF they are talking about ;)
More than 75% of Allopathic Medicine (Modern Western Medicine) has not been tested by Blind studies and yet it is still practised, as Gospel, by the very people who can ban Ecigs :rolleyes:

Last edited:
americans forbid one thing to another and then they produce it, sell it, use it lavishly.
americans put their hands all over.

She needs twatting round the head with a fully laden GG... might knock some sense into her... or at least stop her spouting drivel for a while.

Ha..ha.....twatting round the head, can hardly stop laughing....you sound so much like me its not true

She speaks! I want to hit her!

Last edited by a moderator:
Completely uninformed, paid for by big pharma in the US. Quite OBVIOUS! Comment on the vid :)

Reading (and watching) this and similar 'news snippets' I can't make my mind up about whether it is the big pharma companies or the tobacco industry that is backing such nonsense.
Maybe both, or maybe both are the same anyway. hehehehee

Back
Top Bottom