Vape Superstore
What's new

E-cigarettes poison 100 pets, as vets reveal list of danger items

JohnnyAce

Veteran
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-40293975

Mega misleading title from the Beeb as artificial sweeteners of all things are higher on the list but I thought it was worth posting up & having a read

I don't have any pets & I've never heard of pets ingesting ejuice but it obviously happens, anyone with an experience?

Royal Flush Vape
There are some very expected results in the list and some definitely unexpected results...raisins and grapes....meh our dog is a minesweeper, he eats more grapes than I do lol!! Never did him any harm

I'm not going to mention the fact that you shouldn't leave stuff laying around, that you don't want your pets or small people to hold of.
But I will mention the fact that raisins are toxic to dogs. Saw that on the Yorkshire vets program, where 2 dogs where made to puke up a load of raisins they had gotten into.

Also, they have neglected to mention the level of poisoning. 1 painkiller, 1 square of dark chocolate, 1 raisin, 1 lick of ejuice etc are all technically "poisoning" but not to the extend of potentially fatal., as the title would suggest. And it does not mention death by e-cig, only death by chocolate and lilies.

AcmeFog
I'm not going to mention the fact that you shouldn't leave stuff laying around, that you don't want your pets or small people to hold of.
But I will mention the fact that raisins are toxic to dogs. Saw that on the Yorkshire vets program, where 2 dogs where made to puke up a load of raisins they had gotten into.

Also, they have neglected to mention the level of poisoning. 1 painkiller, 1 square of dark chocolate, 1 raisin, 1 lick of ejuice etc are all technically "poisoning" but not to the extend of potentially fatal., as the title would suggest. And it does not mention death by e-cig, only death by chocolate and lilies.
I have never heard about grape and raisin toxicity in dogs, heard of the rest though. Glad I learned of this one because grapes are a main shopping item in our house and kids are not careful.

I have never heard about grape and raisin toxicity in dogs, heard of the rest though. Glad I learned of this one because grapes are a main shopping item in our house and kids are not careful.

I don't know about grapes themselves. In the program, the 2 dogs in question where owned by someone who owns and runs a tea room. The dogs got into a box of raisins / dried fruit, that where meant for making the teacakes etc. with. It was only because the owner new about the toxicity to dogs that she rushed them to the vet when she found out.

Vape Superstore
I don't know about grapes themselves. In the program, the 2 dogs in question where owned by someone who owns and runs a tea room. The dogs got into a box of raisins / dried fruit, that where meant for making the teacakes etc. with. It was only because the owner new about the toxicity to dogs that she rushed them to the vet when she found out.
Had to check it out but it is well documented online as grapes/raisins being toxic to dogs even though they don't know what substance in them causes the toxicity...go figure cos I had no idea.

onions are toxic to dogs as well and cats can be passioned by walking in jays fluid

Vape Green
It is very interesting (not) the items that have been left out of the list.
  • Cigarettes
  • Cigars
  • Pipes and pipe tobacco
  • Hand rolling tobacco
  • Nicotine patches
  • Nicotine gum
  • Nicotine mouth sprays
  • Nicotine lozenges
Cigarettes in particular, which probably have worst figures than the e-cig, due to the higher usage. And the amount discarded in the street.
A couple of quotes.
"according to Wendy C. Brooks, DVM, DipABVP: "a 40 lb dog would get very sick after eating one cigarette but would need 11 cigarettes to die from nicotine poisoning. "

"Nicotine toxicity in dogs and cats is more common than most people think, and it is especially common in pets with owners who leave cigarette packs out or toss cigarette butts outside"

And so it goes on for the rest of the list.
Apple seeds is another good one, due to the cyanide they contain.

Back
Top Bottom