What's new

E-cigarettes in UK could be banned under WHO regulations

Please ..do go on
Maybe someone older than me can either confirm or debunk, but the story i heard was back in the day, like the 70s maybe, they were trying to find a way to sell the shitty super unhealthy parts of a pig that nobody wanted, specifically the pork bellies, so they convinced fast food restaurants to start a massive advertising campaign offering bacon on everything, because it just wasnt the norm back then.

As soon as ppl were introduced to it, of course they loved it because it tastes so good, and ignored the health concerns.

And now pork bellies r traded as a commodity on the stock exchange.

Like i said, thats the story i heard. At least in this country. I know u guys have a long history of eating wierd parts of animals, so might not be the same

Maybe someone older than me can either confirm or debunk, but the story i heard was back in the day, like the 70s maybe, they were trying to find a way to sell the shitty super unhealthy parts of a pig that nobody wanted, specifically the pork bellies, so they convinced fast food restaurants to start a massive advertising campaign offering bacon on everything, because it just wasnt the norm back then.

As soon as ppl were introduced to it, of course they loved it because it tastes so good, and ignored the health concerns.

Like i said, thats the story i heard. At least in this country. I know u guys have a long history of eating wierd parts of animals, so might not be the same
Dear oh dear oh dear oh dear,i would suggest that it had more to do with prolonging the shelf life by salting the meat.Then it's a simple matter of cutting off strips as and when needed.
Although over here in Blighty we did actually have the opposite happen.Oysters were considered to be the food of the poor.Oyster pie was regularly eaten as a staple meal.Now mostly a staple for the wealthy.

Bacon in the US is indeed shite, cut from the fatty belly joints as you say. In the UK we tend more towards back bacon, cut from the loin, though some prefer streaky when basting or adding grease to a burger. A decently produced dry cured and/or smoked back bacon is a different world to the greasy streaks served up in the US. I understand that if you want a decent back bacon in the US you'd need to order "Canadian".
Pork bellies were first traded in the US as a commodity in 1961.

in most parts of the world you'll find a tradition of the rich folk taking the best cuts of meat, leaving the remaining carcass and offal for the peasants. Back in the day, when I was a kid, we were lucky to lick the road before being whipped to within an inch of our lives before bedtime. But we were happy ...

I can confirm as someone that makes him own bacon to traditional methods and as some one who has tried US bacon that US bacon is in fact shite.

Bacon in the US is indeed shite, cut from the fatty belly joints as you say. In the UK we tend more towards back bacon, cut from the loin, though some prefer streaky when basting or adding grease to a burger. A decently produced dry cured and/or smoked back bacon is a different world to the greasy streaks served up in the US. I understand that if you want a decent back bacon in the US you'd need to order "Canadian".
Pork bellies were first traded in the US as a commodity in 1961.

in most parts of the world you'll find a tradition of the rich folk taking the best cuts of meat, leaving the remaining carcass and offal for the peasants. Back in the day, when I was a kid, we were lucky to lick the road before being whipped to within an inch of our lives before bedtime. But we were happy ...
#fouryorkshiremen
#montypython

I have no respect or love for this inept mismanaged powerless useless organisation. If i were in power i'd have it dismantled permanently! Did anybody sift through the 900 pages of drivel that was the report from their fact finding mission the the Wuhan region of China? No...i me neither...just the more notable parts. Essentially in a nut shell....it couldnb't be more contrived and indistinct if it tried.....lots of 'ifs', 'possiblys', 'maybes', 'could have beens', 'might haves' and i suspect, a good dollop of progaganda from the Chinese authority, thrown in for good measure. Absolutely nothing in it pointing to perhaps the real truth of how this bloody pandemic began. I refuse to believe that is didn't originate within the wet markets or even perhaps that laboratory...which of course was meticulously wiped clean of any evidence within the full year before WHO could finally inspect it. Utter cover up if ever i smelt one....and since the W.H.O. have zero power to force the authorities to provide concrete evidence...it is as far as I'm concern, a complete farcical excise on how to waste public funding.

They can say what they like, but no country has to abide by any of the bollocks that they believe in. And perhaps Bozza is doing just that, as I've read in a newspaper article some weeks ago, that the TPD regulation may well be repealed soon in the UK? Anybody got anymore info on that?

Last edited:
I have no respect or love for this inept mismanaged powerless useless organisation. If i were in power i'd have it dismantled permanently! Did anybody sift through the 900 pages of drivel that was the report from their fact finding mission the the Wuhan region of China? No...i me neither...just the more notable parts. Essentially in a nut shell....it couldnb't be more contrived and indistinct if it tried.....lots of 'ifs', 'possiblys', 'maybes', 'could have beens', 'might haves' and i suspect, a good dollop of progaganda from the Chinese authority, thrown in for good measure. Absolutely nothing in it pointing to perhaps the real truth of how this bloody pandemic began. I refuse to believe that is didn't originate within the wet markets or even perhaps that laboratory...which of course was meticulously wiped clean of any evidence within the full year before WHO could finally inspect it. Utter cover up if ever i smelt one....and since the W.H.O. have zero power to force the authorities to provide concrete evidence...it is as far as I'm concern, a complete facrial excise on how to waste public funding.

They can say what they like, but no country has to abide by any of the bollocks that believe in. And perhaps Bozza is doing just that, as I've read in a newspaper article some weeks ago, that the TPD regulation may well be repealed soon in the UK? Anybody got anymore info on that?
The beauty of science is that it doesn't care what you believe or refuse to believe.
The thing about politics is that you can't fool all of the people all of the time.
Bacon though ... :)

Back
Top Bottom