What's new

Double Standards

This thread is completely derailed, and for that I apologise...but I'm too curious - @Crewella what do ya do when ya trap a glis glis (sounds like a type of pokemon to me lol) don't tell me you have a house full of cats and 'edible' dormice, dormouses? dormeeces? ;) Sounds like a recipe for disaster hehe...for the mousicles anyway :D
I take the 5th Amendment on that ..... :P

......... though we have started setting more breakback spring traps for squirrels and rats ..........oops ......... ;)

Luckily, in our house we have a big fat tom cat that loves glis glis .... he tells me they are delicious. :D

Apologies for the derailment from me too - I'll shut up now! :threadhijacked:

Oh thread ..... how do I derail thee .... let me count the ways ........ :17:

Most of us think that big tobacco companies still hold a great deal of influence, because of the tax income that they generate.
But does anyone know the extent of their involvement in the juice industry.
I have been buying e liquid for a few years now, and I was quite familiar with the juice offerings from both sides of the Atlantic.
About 18 months ago there was a noticeable change, with 'corporate' style 60ml bottles swamping the market.
Who is pumping all the investment into the sudden growth of 'world brand' ejuices?
Certain brands are available everywhere and a huge injection of funds has entered the industry.
Maybe it's just a conspiracy theory, but it does make me question how the massive tobacco companies can accept the obvious dip in their income, and I doubt they are not finding ways to take a chunk of the vape market.
Why was the new legislation introduced and who stands to a profit from the eventual taxation?

Most of us think that big tobacco companies still hold a great deal of influence, because of the tax income that they generate.
But does anyone know the extent of their involvement in the juice industry.
I have been buying e liquid for a few years now, and I was quite familiar with the juice offerings from both sides of the Atlantic.
About 18 months ago there was a noticeable change, with 'corporate' style 60ml bottles swamping the market.
Who is pumping all the investment into the sudden growth of 'world brand' ejuices?
Certain brands are available everywhere and a huge injection of funds has entered the industry.
Maybe it's just a conspiracy theory, but it does make me question how the massive tobacco companies can accept the obvious dip in their income, and I doubt they are not finding ways to take a chunk of the vape market.
Why was the new legislation introduced and who stands to a profit from the eventual taxation?

The way the tobacco companies are coping is by producing eliquid... for example Vype is owned by The British American tobacco company who produce many brands of cigarettes and through whatever tactics, seem to almost hold a monopoly in the ejuice market when you look in supermarkets for example.

TPD is all geared to keep smokers smoking and line pockeys wether it be big tobacco, pharmacuticals or the Government and EU. They want peoples money and they want people dead before they get to draw a pension and of course they want the rich to become richer for the back handers they give.
No doubt the next step will be vapetax, meaning 10ml of liquid will cost around £6-7 20 fags or a 25 gram pouch of baccy will last longer than 10ml pushing people back towards smoking
The country would be a mess if people stopped smoking fags.
But they wouldn't dare tell us!
Rip off Britain

The company I worked for are part of the delightful group that raised the cost of their essential aids and cancer drugs by over 500% in one year. Just Because they could.

i remember this guy got the rights for the drug and put the price up so the insurance companies and governments would have to pay more he is on YT some of his court hearings on there too he just sat there smug taking the peeout of them begging him to reduce cost
if i remember right uk pharma were trying to knock out a replacement to keep costs down

interesting stuff if you haven't seen

Governments loves big business wasn't Ken Clarke even the chairman of British American Tobacco while he was chancellor if not he was on the board. When it comes to pharmaceutical companies governments have to negotiate with them to get drugs at under the market price for their respected health services. Their wouldn't be any you scratch our backs we'll scratch yours going on,surely.

Back
Top Bottom