What's new

Doctors suspect vaping behind dozens of lung illnesses in US

oldhippydude

Veteran
https://www.apnews.com/c676b5988fa14ab59f724077fc5cd7c9

IMO It would be surprising if vaping was not causing some people some health issues.
If vaping was only 95% safer than smoking you would expect more than a few dozen cases in a country as large as USA.
I would not dismiss doctors suspicions but I await some science to better quantify the dangers compared to smoking.

Reading the article

"She said her son’s friends have continued vaping, even after they saw what happened to him, because they don’t vape the brand of THC-containing cartridges he had used."

Not the first time when you read into the detail THC is mentioned, I'm wondering if it is actually THC and not Spice. Who knows...

I don't doubt there are some risks to vaping but I'd like to think if it was as severe as these reported cases, we'd have heard about it before now in the EU somewhere.

to be fair .. I do know a person (Brian) who I used to work with .. mad pot head he started vaping and about 8 months later the same thing happened to him ..
collapse of the lower lung ..basically a hole developed .. am I worried .. no
I would put it down to the weed .. because of what he did .. took the bush made some oil and vaped it in pg .. not good

Not really sure why this was included in the report?
It does not appear to link in with this report other than to create a whole load of speculation.

Dylan Nelson, a 26-year-old Wisconsin man, went to see a doctor when he first became ill. He has asthma, was diagnosed with pneumonia and was treated and released.

Within a few days, he could barely breathe. He went to a hospital and was put on a breathing tube. His two brothers kept a round-the-clock vigil over him in the ensuing days, and at one point one called his mother to the hospital, saying: “Mom, I don’t think he’s going to make it. ... He can’t die without his mom.”

He rallied and was released from the hospital late last month.

But “he still has lung damage and heart damage,” and doctors still don’t know how much they’ll heal, said his mother, Kim Barnes of Burlington, Wisconsin.

THC mentioned again.
So who is to blame.
USA states for legalising THC but then bannig flavours so leaving less of a choice.
User for putting unknown substance in a vape pod or sub tank.
Of course not, let's blame vaping as a whole and ban it.

Back
Top Bottom