What's new

Daily Star Article

Didn't the daily Star used to run quality articles like "an alien ate my testicle" and "Bigfoot got me pregnant"? What happened to them? They're suddenly tackling serious journalism, backed up with proper facts and sources? (I'm joking of course).
Daily sport is the one for those headlines you talk of. i remember articles like a bus being found on the moon and a bloke not getting a job because he shit himself at the interview after eating a curry and drinking lots the night before.
The best way for men not to get employed is to turn up to the interview in flip flops, apparently it always works i knew a bloke who had never worked his whole life and the flip flop trick had worked for him every time

Dr Stuart Flint is a psychologist with a specific interest in the psychosocial effects of obesity; in particular obesity stigmatisation and discrimination, conscious and unconscious attitudes, body image, attitude and behaviour change and factors that influence exercise participation.

Dr Flint conducts research in the area of obesity and public health. His primary area of focus examines weight stigmatisation and discrimination. He has used quantitative and qualitative methods to examine the formation and maintenance of stigmatising attitudes using conscious and unconscious measures. His research also examines the effectiveness of interventions to reduce stigma. He continues to research in this area with current areas of interest including obesity discrimination in the workplace.

http://www.leedsbeckett.ac.uk/staff/dr-stuart-flint/

Interesting that it is not a field he has focused on... so far. Wander what prompted the Daily Star Marlarky?

Edit: Anyone aware of what funding opportunities there may be out there at the moment for research initiatives?

This in the lancet too...
http://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanres/article/PIIS2213-2600(17)30473-3/fulltext

I don't normally comment on this sort of rubbish, let alone twice.
But curiosity got the better of me, so did some digging to find out why this Dr. is such a clown. And he seems to have been mis-informed, or has cherry picked the evidence.
This link http://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanres/article/PIIS2213-2600(17)30473-3/fulltext leads to this link in the references
http://www.thelancet.com/servlet/li...0.1016/S2213-2600(17)30473-3&key=27622384&cf=
Which in turn contains this line, "One trial included minimal telephone support and one recruited smokers not intending to quit, and both used early EC models with low nicotine content and poor battery life." As well as this one " None of the included studies (short- to mid-term, up to two years) detected serious adverse events considered possibly related to EC use. The most commonly reported adverse effects were irritation of the mouth and throat."

I once had to do a shit in a field cos I took short whist driving about. I had to wipe my arse on dock leaves cos I did not have a daily star available.

How do these stories come about?
I mean hes a doctor yes...but not in this field whatsoever...basically he knows fuck all and has no reason to know anything to do with ecigs...
So 1. Why the fuck is he piping up?
And 2. Why the fuck is ANYONE taking this no-body's word for granted??
Aware of conspiricy of pharma and tobacco industry paying off folk to chat shit...
But if that so, why the fuck did they pick this imbecile???
IN LEEDS?!?!?
just bizarre

And WHO....no, WHY THE FUCK READ THE DAILY STAR?!?!?!
The daily shithole is the worst paper by fucking far! It amazes me how its still going, every day its just bullshit news, the apocalypse, what some retard off made in chesea had for tea the night before.

Last edited:
I once had to do a shit in a field cos I took short whist driving about. I had to wipe my arse on dock leaves cos I did not have a daily star available.

Thank for sharing that gem with us all.

But a cautionary heads up for those how may need the use of a dock leaf. Be wary of what leaves you have grabbed, as nettles are quite often found growing in close proximity.
Which will put a whole new meaning to the term ring stinger.

Didn't the daily Star used to run quality articles like "an alien ate my testicle" and "Bigfoot got me pregnant"? What happened to them? They're suddenly tackling serious journalism, backed up with proper facts and sources? (I'm joking of course).
Gets me why people read bags of shite like the Star and the Sun there only fit for toilet paper.....

Back
Top Bottom