What's new

Cigarettes Price Increase

20 silk cut £10.50 even in Tesco's when I gave up on 3rd March. £11.00 at the Airport. Talking of nice expensive cigarettes. Dji sam-soe Indonesian cigarette with clove. The nicest cigarette I ever smoked.

What were you smoking? Davidoff, or St Moritz or something? Sobranies?

Occasional Sobranie when I was younger...but mainly Marlboro Reds, Lucky reds and Camel. Prices are 2017 London...'swhy I finally quit this year :)

(Said I'd quit when they reached £5! Err......)

Marlboro Reds are nearly £11 a pack now, I hate to think what they are in Southern Ireland, from my experiences as a global service engineer they have the most highly taxed cigarettes in the world.

"The price of cigarettes and cigars goes up every year by two percentage points above the rate of inflation. On rolling tobacco it's an extra one percentage point on top of that.

Currently inflation in the UK stands at 2.9% - so the total increase will be 4.9% on a cigarettes and 5.9% on tobacco.

The average price of a pack of 20 cigarettes was £9.91 after the last budget.

Increasing that by a further 4.9% adds 49p to a pack - putting the average price of a pack of 20 up to £10.40.

For a 20 a day smoker, that adds up to an extra £178.85 a year."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politi...garettes-tobacco-11566388?ICID=FB_mirror_main
Does this mean the tpd will increase tax on vaping equipments and liquids

Well some of the pharma companies, and big tobacco are lobbying for that.
I know it’s wrong how they get involved with vaping but then again the more people that do stop smoking through vaping don’t get sick as often plus there isn’t a massive tax hike on liquids
Yet

Back
Top Bottom