What's new

Children and vaping

Most of us here likely started smoking underage, so I can't say too much, but that is a PRIMARY school? Isn't that until like age 10-11?

If that is the case, then fair enough. When I was in Primary school, I don't remember any kids that smoked, that started in secondary school, usually around age 13+.

Even then though, we was sneaky about it, until the last year or two of school. The teachers then didn't seem to really care, probably as we was at, or very near the legal smoking age.

This kind of incident is bad news for vaping and vapers.
Whilst nicotine might be no more harmful than caffeine to adults, it's a stretch to state that vaping is no more harmful to a child than having a cup of coffee.

Putting that to one side, the bigger issues here are the legality of U18s buying or having vapes and the acceptable behaviour of children in schools. Haven't we got enough on our plates without piling more on by adopting the position of supporting underage vaping? I think the school is absolutely right to exclude pupils for this.
I didn't like school myself, and can't say I was an angel myself, but I do agree with you here.

This is a primary school, and if a child of that age (10-11 at most) is caught smoking, I would expect them to get excluded for a few days. Wether it is a traditional cigarette, or a E-cig, I think the school is right in this case.

Back
Top Bottom