What's new

CBD uk man sentenced to 25 years in Dubai

total madness. i don’t know what possesses people to go and visit or live in a country like uae.

total madness. i don’t know what possesses people to go and visit or live in a country like uae.

Money, at least that seems to be why people go to live there.

For this guy, while it's a crappy situation he did break their law. It doesn't actually matter what was in the bottles, if it's illegal it's illegal.

By failing to check his car after giving someone a lift, he came into possession of said items - possession is illegal there and by possessing it you are unquestionably by extension "linked" to production, distribution and supply.

It does also bring into question why the local police "raided" him in the first place - it suggests that he, or someone linked to him, was under suspicion already. Especially when he states the first thing they said was "show us the drugs". My brother in law has lived there for years without police involvement.

Do you check your car every time after giving somebody a lift to make sure they haven't left behind any class-As or handguns?

On face value this seems unreasonable to me, even allowing for their strict drug laws. But I guess there is more to this story than meets the eye.

Money, at least that seems to be why people go to live there.

For this guy, while it's a crappy situation he did break their law. It doesn't actually matter what was in the bottles, if it's illegal it's illegal.

By failing to check his car after giving someone a lift, he came into possession of said items - possession is illegal there and by possessing it you are unquestionably by extension "linked" to production, distribution and supply.

It does also bring into question why the local police "raided" him in the first place - it suggests that he, or someone linked to him, was under suspicion already. Especially when he states the first thing they said was "show us the drugs". My brother in law has lived there for years without police involvement.

agreed. being in a country with a legal system that’s happy to put you in jail for decades for doing very little wrong, and a police service that’s notorious for threatening torture and interrogating people under duress would be a massive no from me. but i suppose we all have different perspectives and motivations.

Do you check your car every time after giving somebody a lift to make sure they haven't left behind any class-As or handguns?

Not specifically for drugs and guns, but yes I check every single time. Usually while they're still around. Pockets, cubbies, floor and glovebox.

I don't leave my car chock-a-block with crap either.

Maybe it comes from when I drove private hire - drop at airport, check car... I didn't want to get 60 miles away and get a call about a wallet in the footwell.

Yeah, we gave my Mum a lift home the other night..... I had a good check to make sure she hadn't left any guns or class A drugs in the car. :D

Not specifically for drugs and guns, but yes I check every single time. Usually while they're still around. Pockets, cubbies, floor and glovebox.

I don't leave my car chock-a-block with crap either.

Maybe it comes from when I drove private hire - drop at airport, check car... I didn't want to get 60 miles away and get a call about a wallet in the footwell.
I wish my private hire drivers had done it a bit more often. Then I wouldn't have lost my SLR camera, a wallet or a couple of my phones.

I wish my private hire drivers had done it a bit more often. Then I wouldn't have lost my SLR camera, a wallet or a couple of my phones.

I lost count of the amount of times I had to say "you've forgotten your wallet/phone/briefcase/child..."

Yeah, we gave my Mum a lift home the other night..... I had a good check to make sure she hadn't left any guns or class A drugs in the car. :D

did you get the vial of sarin nerve agent she dropped in there? :D

Back
Top Bottom