What's new

Carrie Fisher puffs her way through airport holding pet dog

K

KulrMeStoopid

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...g-electronic-cigarette.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

By DAILY MAIL REPORTER
CREATED: 03:25, 4 September 2012 UPDATED: 10:19, 4 September 2012

Carrie Fisher had a little more weight to carry today - in the form of her sizeable pet pooch.
The former Star Wars actress looked a little puffed out as she toted her French bulldog around at JFK Airport in New York.
Fisher has hit the headlines lately after piling on the pounds following her dramatic weight loss a year ago. Today she was also spotted with a bottle of sugary Coca Cola and an electronic cigarette.
Apparently the 55-year-old - who lost an impressive 50lbs with the Jenny Craig fitness plan in the lead up to unveiling her trimmer figure on national TV last August - is attempting to kick her smoking habit.

article-0-14D2E517000005DC-410_634x732.jpg
Extra cargo: Carrie Fisher arrived at JFK airport today with her French bulldog to catch a flight

Fisher was helped out of a town car at the airport arrivals terminal with several pieces of luggage, including a large red suitcase, a purple ruck sack and a smaller purple handbag.
She carried a bottle of Coke in one hand, before putting it away to scoop up her bulldog in her arms, which she then carried while also clutching an unlit cigarette.
The Hollywood personality dressed comfortably for her flight in a loose blue jersey cardigan over black leggings and a pair of beaded sandals.

article-2197973-14D2E513000005DC-386_634x851.jpg
Weight struggle: The 55-year-old actress fought hard to lose 50lbs, but appears to have put much of it back on

article-2197973-14D2E527000005DC-838_306x594.jpg

article-2197973-14D2E51F000005DC-718_306x594.jpg

Precious cargo: Fisher performed quite a juggling act on her way to catch a flight

Best known for her portrayal of Princess Leia in the original Star Wars trilogy, Fisher has more recently been the voice of Angela in Family Guy.

She is also known for her bestselling novel Postcards from the Edge and screenplay for a film of the same name, and her autobiographical one-woman play, Wishful Drinking.
Fisher was born in Beverly Hills, California, the daughter of singer Eddie Fisher and actress Debbie Reynolds.

When Fisher was two, her parents divorced after her father left Reynolds for her best friend, actress Elizabeth Taylor, the widow of her father's best friend Mike Todd.

article-2197973-14D2E57E000005DC-955_634x808.jpg
The face of Jenny Craig? Carrie folded a blanket before making her way to the gate to catch her flight

Fisher has publicly discussed her problems with drugs, her struggle with bipolar disorder, and her overcoming an addiction to prescription medication.
She discussed her 2008 memoir Wishful Drinking and various topics in it with Matt Lauer on NBC's Today on December 10, 2008 and also revealed that she wishes she had turned down the role of Princess Leia.
While in Sydney, Australia, Fisher revealed in another interview that she had a cocaine addiction during filming of Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, and also survived an overdose.

article-0-14C34513000005DC-84_640x774.jpg

Battle of the bulge: Carrie Fisher in New York last week walking her dog

Last week, Fisher was spotted out in New York, looking fuller-figured and decidedly scruffy as she walked her dog.

Her windswept locks were swept back into a messy half ponytail and Fisher was clad in all black, teaming her look with the same garish purple bag.
It will no doubt come as a disappointment to the author and performer that she has been unable to sustain her impressive weight loss.

article-0-14C34509000005DC-776_308x622.jpg

article-0-12F760EB000005DC-565_306x620.jpg

Changing shapes: She cut a rather different figure to that of her official Jenny Craig publicity photo last year, which showed her having lost 50lbs

Last August, Fisher appeared on the Today show, confidently showing off her U.S. size 8 (UK size 12) figure after signing up as the face of diet company Jenny Craig.
At the time, she said of her weight battle: 'I couldn't look in the mirror. I saw pictures of myself where I didn't look like myself.
'I thought I was getting old. It turns out was mostly getting fat.'
article-2029633-0D8E34B700000578-419_306x416.jpg
Bikini girl: The Star Wars actress as Princess Leia

Fisher then joked that she wanted to get back in shape so she could don the metal bikini she wore as Princess Leia in the 1977 classic sci-fi hit.
She said: 'I want to get back in it and walk around the house like an idiot.
'You know, answer the doorbell, [and say], "What, this old thing? I'm just wearing my home style metal bikini."
'I'll come out with a line of metal bikinis for women over 40.'
At one point the actress topped the scales at 180lbs, she has said in the past.
In the nine months lead-up to her weight loss reveal last year, Fisher reduced her calorie intake to 1,500 per day.
Her favourite snacks included Skinny Cow Cookies 'n Cream ice cream and Kozy Shack rice pudding.

She also embarked on a fitness regime, doing 40-45 minutes of cardio five times a week.

'I'm not in love with the treadmill,' she admitted at the time.

'We're in a truce situation. But I really like elliptical because I can read.'
The star has admitted to Oprah that she has undergone electroshock therapy to help her battle chronic depression.

article-0-0D8E013D00000578-839_634x477.jpg
Feeling fabulous: Fisher unveiled her slimline new look on the Today show in August 2011

Talking to the chat show queen at the time Carrie said: 'It makes me feel better, it is not like it was.

'They put you to sleep and give you a medication so there is no convulsions and put these films on you and it is over very quickly.'
Months after the interview she shed a huge amount of weight and became the figurehead of the diet brand.

She doesnt even look like her anymore ....

Princess Leia though... I wouldn't care what i looked like now if back then i looked like that and there was video/photographic proof of it! She was incredible

The press really piss me off. Ok she doesn't look like princess leia anymore. Erm maybe cos she isn't sixteen anymore. She's a woman in her 50s at least, leave her alone. She'll always be a legend to me :)

I was like who the hell is carrie fisher till i seen the SW picture
good god life has been hard for her :)

The press really piss me off. Ok she doesn't look like princess leia anymore. Erm maybe cos she isn't sixteen anymore. She's a woman in her 50s at least, leave her alone. She'll always be a legend to me :)

To me Also PF, i was more surprised at how much she doesnt look like Carrie Fisher anymore than anything else ... facially - I dunno if its loads of work done or something

Back
Top Bottom