What's new

Australia to ban nic imports (on hold) well done aussies

Must be a massive blow to aussie vapers. Considering they are still allowed to smoke, it's immoral and just unconscionable. All so that a couple of MPs can boast about implementing a tough crackdown on x, y or z.

@andi52 - that reddit thread is full of ozzie charm

Last edited:
The only two things that i'm hearing is
¹. They just made smuggling nicotine a worthwhile criminal enterprise.
2. They now have to worry about the health effects from illegally obtained nicotine.

We all know how well that went when ppl started obtaining illegal thc cartridges...

another corrupt official taking backhanders from the tobacco companies I bet.

I dont understand the point. Nicotine is not a controlled substance, and can be used for other purposes such as pesticides and other smoking cessation products. If you were caught importing nicotine would it even be a crime?

Ive also learned that extracting nicotine from tobacco is actually a very easy process as well, and making it illegal just makes it more valuable and at the same time loss of tax revenue.

And anyone can make a mech mod basically out of a flashlight.

And of course many will simply go back to smoking, but like in the EU, apparently a huge cigarette smuggling operation has cropped up in the ukraine because ppl want cheap cigarettes.

All of these are incredible likely, especially since most of austraila's coast is wilderness as far as i know.

Exactly. Just points to either blindly implementing laws with no real evidence backing them up or simply corruption.

Unforeseen consequences of the EU TPD is an alarming rate of 10ml plastic bottles going to landfill, and an increase in the sales of bubble glass accessories for tanks.

Politicians, the world over, are a wunch of bankers...

its a shame @Tazz isnt around anymore to hear how they are all coping on their side of the planet.
if anyone is in direct contact with him wish him stay safe and well from me.

I'll ask my Aussie mixologist pal on another forum and report back...

Petition to overturn the nic ban supported by Aussie MPs
https://www.vapepetition.com.au/?fb...ojXex9QuBbzRwBaC3U-o74N_Lmh5RF-ida84x0xdGdMLM sign & share

Also signed and returned. Nearly up to 50k. Similar to UK covid-19 deaths.

This ban will cause more harm than good.

Its so obvious too
Politicans want vaping to be dangerous so they can ban it.
Politicians ban safe vaping products.
Vapers switch to unsafe vaping products.
Vaping now is dangerous.
Politicians say, we told you vaping was dangerous, good thing we banned it while it was safe and before we made it dangerous.
Re-elect me, because your health and safety is my main concern

Back
Top Bottom