What's new

Are E-Cigarettes Here to Stay?

i'm sure you're vastly more experienced in both analogues and vaping than myself a non smoker who has only vaped a few times, don't think it's a case of educating you, just took exception to being referred to as an idiot that's all, i'm interested in different points of view and was genuinely curious about vapers opinions of non smokers taking up vaping.
i did also ask my wife if she only switched to vaping only for the potential health benefits would she be happy to be asked to vape outside amongst smokers and she said she would which as a non smoker surprised me, it just goes to show that depending on your perspective opinions vary, none of us are right or wrong, it's up to everyone to educate themselves and make there own choices, in my opinion anyone that ever began smoking is an idiot however i don't think the same of non smokers who begin vaping

I am fully 100% an idiot for smoking. I started at the age of 12 and kept at it until just after my 33rd birthday. Unsuccessful quit attempts, numerous. Attempts to start vaping a quit cigs, twice. Even after developing Congestive Heart Failure at the age of 21 and told I would die if I didn't. I was even told NOT to have any more children as it could kill me. 8 1/2 yrs later I had one more and STILL KEPT SMOKING. I am the biggest idiot of the lot in my opinion. And I dont take offence if anyone tells me so.

If one of my kids said they wanted to start vaping, I'd slap them upside the head and tell them they were idiots. If they said they wanted to vape without the nicotine, I might not call them idiots, but I would still discourage them in doing so. But that's just me. I wouldn't want them to begin to do something that could turn into a habit, especially without any long term data on the effects of vaping.

Sorry for my poor choice of words in the first post. It does make me sound like a right prick which Im really not.

I do hope to meet...more non smoking vapers, to get an idea of why they'd want to start vaping.

absolutely no offence taken whatsoever, like i said i'm really interested in different points of view on this and welcome opinions from any other vapers on this subject, i wonder if anyone has gone from vaping to analogues, i really didn't think it'd be so unusual for non smokers to begin vaping but you're probably right about it being unusual.
you've obviously made the choice to go from analogues to vaping on health grounds and i'm sorry to hear your health has suffered due to smoking but can i ask if you'd be happy to be asked to vape outside with people who choose to smoke what with passive smoking and all ?

thanks

can i ask if you'd be happy to be asked to vape outside with people who choose to smoke what with passive smoking and all ?

thanks

I have yet to be asked to go outside. I use big battery mods, Siam Mods CUBE, StiG's PapaR, Lavatubue, or bigger ego batts with Visions on them, so I dont use cigalikes.

9 times out of 10, I will ask permission first and I call it a personal vapourizer when I ask. I am normally told as long as its not a cig, it's fine.

If I were asked to go outside, I probably would say "Check Please!" and leave. Even if my meal hadn't been brought to me yet. I would pay for my drinks and go.

The only place I have been told I can not vape, is Arriva buses. So I bought a car :)

if i'm out with my wife i try to encourage her to vape whenever she likes, wherever she likes but she seems reluctant and only vapes where before she would have lit up an analogue except in the car which she seems to really enjoy as i wouldn't let her smoke in the car before lol

if i'm out with my wife i try to encourage her to vape whenever she likes, wherever she likes but she seems reluctant and only vapes where before she would have lit up an analogue except in the car which she seems to really enjoy as i wouldn't let her smoke in the car before lol

It's a self concious thing because she's nervous people will look at her and confront her.

I vape with my husband out in public, so I at least have a bit of moral back up, if 2's doing it, it cant be bad!

I get asked for a light all the time and I wave my pv and say Nope Sorry Mate, dont smoke :D

Now this is interesting! Sorry to go of topic a bit - but what effect did you get from the vaping as a non-smoker spaglemon? When I was smoking, if I didn't have a ciggie for a few hours, I used to get light headed on the first inhale, which is probably down to the carbon monoxide. When I switched to vaping I didn't get any nicotine cravings - which had always foiled my attempts to give up previously. Like your good lady, I switched to vaping purely because of the obvious damage limitation advantage, and regularly stand out in the rain with my smoking pals!

My mum (who has never smoked) had a toke on my tin (nicotine free menthol) and inhaled - coughing and blowing vapour out of her nose! Priceless stuff!

So basically, I'm just interested in what, if any, effect as a non-smoker/vaper you experienced when you did have a go?

Cheers!

Lee

It's a self concious thing because she's nervous people will look at her and confront her.

I vape with my husband out in public, so I at least have a bit of moral back up, if 2's doing it, it cant be bad!

I get asked for a light all the time and I wave my pv and say Nope Sorry Mate, dont smoke :D

yes she does seem embarassed, if i'm with her i'd fully back her up, i've also been very surprised at the attitude towards vaping from other analogue smokers, for the most part they seem very submissive about it, perhaps it reminds them of their own past failures at trying to stop ? ( that last bit sounds a bit harsh but it's just a theory )
i'm kind of my wifes technical support as i just ask her what she wants from her vaping equipment and do the research and ordering of new stuff for her, so far her main pv is an ego twist with a vivi nova or an ego usb passthrough at home sometimes carts and 510 batts if she wants to be more discreet, i'm interested in some of the box mods but my wife isn't, i've put her on the list for a mini hellfire and she's liking the look of the new white provari mini but as she chooses to vape no higher than 4v on the ego twist i'm not sure what the benefits would be of shelling out a chunk of change on a provari ? you may be able to offer some advice on this ?

thanks

i'm not sure what the benefits would be of shelling out a chunk of change on a provari ? you may be able to offer some advice on this ?

thanks

The provari is a great PV....for serious vapers IMO. I wouldnt buy one for myself. Its well made, lasts long, keeps its value. Is it worth the money? I dont think so. Especially when you get hit at customs for the VAT. If she wont vape higher than 4v a VV mod, wouldn't be a good purchase I don't think.

Hi Spagelmom. How great that you support your wife this way.......jus sayin.

thanks, i'd support her whatever she chose to do and i'd expect her to do the same for me, one of the great things about being married, always got someone on your side

Back
Top Bottom