What's new

another venting battery

See it takes someone from Yorkshire to admit they are a dick head and it's not the fault of the manufacturer [emoji23]

"There does not need to be a fault with the battery, the problem is the incorrect storage of the batteries."

Wow balanced, truthful and more importantly, USEFUL reporting!!

Finally!

People need educating -

Screenshot_2016-12-22-10-13-58.png

Some vendors need educating too -

IMG-20161215-WA0006.jpg

:11:

Well if you are going to store loose batteries in your pocket with other metal items you will indeed become a human firework, some people need educating badly.

@Ben fogstar - those examples are pretty frightening really, it's actually surprising that there aren't more accidents happening :11:

I think the main problem with Joe public is they just don't realise the energy these packs can unleash if treated with stupidity!. Most likely believing they are just a fancy AA cell or similar.

Saw this on BBC Breakfast this morning, and was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't the usual "e-cigs bad. Boooo." that you normally get in the media.

I use large LiPo batteries in large scale model aircraft. These batteries can weigh in excess of 2kg easily, and when your plane nose dives into the field (I fly at a certified BMFA flying field miles from any houses and major roads, and keep models within sight) you leave the model for an hour before picking the pieces up, as these large batteries are virtually impossible to put out. Nothing apart from a class D extinguisher for copper would work, but then it's a gamble. They won't necessarily explode as such, but will flare out and vent toxic gas. The intense heat is unbelievable.
Small batteries like 18650's will seriously burn your leg without doubt, and serious burn aside, I'd be more worried about the toxins leeching into my blood stream.

Whoever stores batteries in their pocket with any other conductive material like keys, money, even metallic chewing gum wrappers, shouldn't really be allowed to be in possession of them to begin with!

I use large LiPo batteries in large scale model aircraft. These batteries can weigh in excess of 2kg easily, and when your plane nose dives into the field (I fly at a certified BMFA flying field miles from any houses and major roads, and keep models within sight) you leave the model for an hour before picking the pieces up, as these large batteries are virtually impossible to put out. Nothing apart from a class D extinguisher for copper would work, but then it's a gamble. They won't necessarily explode as such, but will flare out and vent toxic gas. The intense heat is unbelievable.
Small batteries like 18650's will seriously burn your leg without doubt, and serious burn aside, I'd be more worried about the toxins leeching into my blood stream.

Whoever stores batteries in their pocket with any other conductive material like keys, money, even metallic chewing gum wrappers, shouldn't really be allowed to be in possession of them to begin with!
2kg lipo..didn't realise they went thay big...jeez I can understand why when you see videos of rc planes crashing people don't leg it over to them

Back
Top Bottom