What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

another vaping injury

This could have been much worse... And now the Samsung stuff comes to mind.
I keep wondering if there are safer alternatives as far as batteries go. It's a real danger and it can happen to everyone...

Think he’s had a loose battery in his pocket? It says it exploded when his keys came into contact with his vapouriser.

vaping for 4 years
his girlfriend works in a vape shop
but he had no idea how a batter vented in a pocket with keys and coins.
another stupidity accident that is blamed on vape while really its common sense not to have any lose batteries in pockets.

There is no excuse, if you must carry batteries in your pocket put it in the small plastic cases, i think they cost about 10p

I wouldn't call it stupidity, if I remember my early days of rebuilding I'm actually lucky that I never had any accident like this.
It'd help if people working in a vape shop actually educate people on battery safety. But still some tell you that there's nothing wrong with a .08 ohm build on a mech...
If I (and I actually do) work for a chemical company I'm supposed to know a thing or two about chemistry. If you work in a vape shop you should know about electricity.

The problem here is it seems as though the gent has had a loose battery in his trouser pocket. For some reason he doesn’t want to say that’s what happened. So now an article is published that states that a set of keys touching a vapouriser in his pocket made it explode. It’s not really a good look.

Back
Top Bottom