What's new

And another exploding ecig

Status
Not open for further replies.
You choose high drain cells for your sub ohms for the same reason I said are the advantage of using over specced power supplies, ie they're working well within their envelopes. Less stressed batteries and components make for safer usage.

I do use ego batteries for my handbag friendly going out device. I have bought the batteries and charger from a reputable vendor and I will opt for the belt and braces approach of using them in combination with a phone charger of the lower output from a reputable source. I will also not leave them charging overnight. As far as I can see that risk management should leave me relatively safe.

I won't be surprised to see the dongle type chargers removed from the market in the near future.

I'm surprised that they've been released at all.

Yes I threw a generalised insult out. Its deserved too.

Why can you not grasp that what we are talking about is when a regulated charger faults and becomes an unregulated pass through? Why, when we know these little chargers are cheap shit, are we so blind to the idea the failure rate will be, and clearly is, high on these things?

So what the "500ma purists" (it wasn't only myself who was being condescending or insulting) are suggesting is that to add a further layer of protection, limit the power supply. Incase the cell does end up directly connected to the power supply.

Both yourself and @m0th state there is no benefit to using a higher current capable supply. But you cannot deny there is a potential risk. That being the case why not suggest sticking to a supply close to the suggested specs rather than massively over spec?

It really makes no odds to me either way. I dont and will never usr ego style devices for exactlt these reasons, I trust neither the cells or the chargers so will not have them in my house, but it concerns me that people ate seemingly blindly recommending something that COULD cause a problem, when the results associated with that problem can be minimised.

As I say, as far as I'm concerned, my original post was fair, if you actually feel that the generalised cap fits you, maybe ask yourself why?

so your insults are ok just because YOU feel they were deserved? again, fuck you.

like i said before, by applying your extra layer of safety logic to other battery chargers i should be pulling a car battery to use to power my nitecore charger as it only requires an input of 12v. should i be using a 110v transformer to power my tv and pc and many other electrical appliances in my house because they only require 110v to work properly and are having to use the in built circuitry to change the voltage from 230ac to 110dc?

battery chargers are designed to step down a given power supply to whatever the battery requires to charge safely, it should work. instead of this "extra layer of protection" shit and being a prick. why don't we find chargers that do work as intended and aren't a fire risk because they have a fuse in that we can recommend to people without the attitude? people aren't stupid because they're not expecting an ecig to blow up due to a sub standard charger, they're probably just not a member of a site like this and haven't been lectured on the finer points of charging e-cigs.

maybe they lurked a bit and saw posts by militant dicks like yourself and decided not to go bother, who knows?

I started off attempting to write another sensible reply.

I figured "why waste my time even trying, you just cant fix stupid".

So, would you like a wet wipe for that spittle m0th? Its running down your chin:P

I'm not sure these are supposed to be plugged into laptops for the reasons you stated.
Can someone please clarify us as to what these horrible dongles are meant to be used with?

They normally come with these:
Electronic Cigarette Starter Kit UK, E-Cigarette Starter Kit - blu
and these:
Classic Electronic Cigarette Starter Kit | Escape Vapourettes

And any more that you can readily find. There normally, left over from when someone moves from a lookylike to an ego.
But as most lookylikes have electronics built in, (little light, puff activated etc) and an ego does not.

This one may not. But note the little ready light on the usb charger
Gamucci Starter Kit | £9.99 (inc FREE NEXT DAY DELIVERY) | Buy Gamucci

You choose high drain cells for your sub ohms for the same reason I said are the advantage of using over specced power supplies, ie they're working well within their envelopes. Less stressed batteries and components make for safer usage.

Who said anything about my cells not being stressed? :D

In all seriousness, they are not pushed as far as some do, I keep above .2 ohm as I can only accurately measure to one decimal place, keeping above .2 means I am within my cells limits. I also do agree (shock horror) about the less stressed power supply in normal operating circumstances, how do you predict when abnormal operating circumstances will happen?

so your insults are ok just because YOU feel they were deserved? again, fuck you.

like i said before, by applying your extra layer of safety logic to other battery chargers i should be pulling a car battery to use to power my nitecore charger as it only requires an input of 12v. should i be using a 110v transformer to power my tv and pc and many other electrical appliances in my house because they only require 110v to work properly and are having to use the in built circuitry to change the voltage from 230ac to 110dc?

battery chargers are designed to step down a given power supply to whatever the battery requires to charge safely, it should work. instead of this "extra layer of protection" shit and being a prick. why don't we find chargers that do work as intended and aren't a fire risk because they have a fuse in that we can recommend to people without the attitude? people aren't stupid because they're not expecting an ecig to blow up due to a sub standard charger, they're probably just not a member of a site like this and haven't been lectured on the finer points of charging e-cigs.

maybe they lurked a bit and saw posts by militant dicks like yourself and decided not to go bother, who knows?

There is plenty of chargers that do work and work safely the problem is the public couldn't give two fucks and always want cheap so they buy from johnny big spuds down the market, eBay or the local pub.

Most if not all of these explosions have been put down to user error.......

IPhone Chargers
Left overnight
Leaving liquid over the sockets
Charging round flammable liquids

As long as its possible to buy from John at the market, eBay or Alibaba unfortunately this will keep happening.

Stop referring to your Nitecore charger too, I've already told you it only charges at 500ma regardless of 12v or 240v
Nitecore supply the 12v lead in the case you might need to charge something while on the move that's the only reason its supplied.

I've said enough now and frankly I'm fucking tired of reading through this dribble now so admin please lock the thread down.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Whilst all of these things,
IPhone Chargers
Left overnight
Leaving liquid over the sockets
Charging round flammable liquids
May have been a contributing factor, all the reported ecig vents I've seen, have one thing in common. The "dongle" usb adapter/charger.
Even the one in the pub, If you freeze frame just before it vents, you can clearly see, the dongle and ego at right angles to the wall socket. The whole thing was suspended in mid air.
The woman who brought from the bloke in the pub, used a white dongle.
Just the other night, on titter. Some tweeted his ego just after it had vented, once again with a dongle.
As the post that was linked to before, clearly shows, the difference between the dongle and the ego charger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom