What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

And another exploding ecig

Status
Not open for further replies.
They did most probably use the wrong charger, you would have thought by now that manufactures would put some resistors in or something to prevent this from happening. I'm not sure of the proper electrical solution but I know that other devices are capable of preventing the wrong voltage from being applied.

Come on manufactures build in more safety mechanisms to protect the people who decide to plug in anything that fits.

Why does it always happen with iPhone chargers? Never with Sony or Samsung or Nokia chargers?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Why does it always happen with iPhone chargers? Never with Sony or Samsung or Nokia chargers?

Not sure why. It could be a number of reason. High popularity of the iPhone. Easiest thing the press could use because everyone knows of the iPhone charger or and I'm not sure if it's the same as back in the day I use to own sony or samsung devices that the chargers are proprietary and have the cable hard wired to the plug itself.

Like just about everything with Apple, they have their own proprietary software/chargers/batteries.....The Iphone charger is a higher voltage than egos and if you get a cheap charger IT WILL BLOW UP if there's not a safety fuse in the usb charger......Most cheap chargers don't have one so they just "POP"

Everything proprietary sucks. That's why I hate apple products.

Also a good point from Blackhack. Apple devices talk to the chargers to regulate the charge rate depending on the battery needs. Obviously an eGo won't do this.

My OH was discussing it at length last night. Bear in mind he has only been vaping for a few weeks. And also questions why people are dumb enough to use the wrong charger, queries why people dont do research etc. Si i remindinded him of when i first started vaping, the naff blister packs i had and the voluntary recall of them due to problems with the charger etc.

He is concerned about the future of vaping and he uses zero nic as a lovely altetnative to his NRT.

We all need to raise awareness of the right thing to use. There is cheap and cheerful as a way to test the water with vaping, but that brings the safety issues that the papers are jumping on, til the next big item comes along....

Sorry bout typos im getting soaked waiting for the bus.

So, what am I supposed to connect my ego charger to? The ego battery cannot be charged with an iPhone charger. I need the little bit in between that screws onto the battery. But where am I supposed to connect the USB end to? Those cheap plugs that one can buy? An iPhone charger? A Samsung USB plug?
Read the reviews on this. It made peoples devices blow up. Looks like a genuine iPhone charger.
USB TO MAINS WALL ADAPTOR CHARGER FOR HTC, BLACKBERRY, SAMSUNG, MP3,TOMTOM, APPLE IPHONE 4S 5 4G 3G 3GS IPOD UK #08i UNIVERSAL 5V 1A CE:Amazon.co.uk:Electronics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom