What's new

All the proof you need about big pharma and their evil

Maybe not on the same scale as in US but similar here. Exclusive licences issued for drugs which no-one else can make for usually five years (I think) and boy do they milk the health system here.
GPs don't prescribe drugs by brand name but when there's a monopoly that's effectively what they do and during the monopoly period the Pharma reps mercilessly pursue the prescribers.
Pharma is big and it's powerful and ruthless.

... also I realise this might be a slightly controversial view but I honestly believe that a lot of people don't even need the medication they are on, especially in the US where it seems from my experiences almost everyone is on something. They take daily medication of all types like people might take a one a day vitamin supplement here and never really seem to question it.

Unfortunately the brief for any board of directors is to put the shareholders first. Directors that don't perform are soon out of work. They will treat other stakeholders (end users, workforce, society) with contempt, just to make the extra buck..

Back
Top Bottom