What's new

Would you vape on a bus?

I dont think / hope that vaping will be allowed on Public transport . Not that I use it.

Definitely. Problem being that a cigarette always puts out the samish amount of smoke. There's too many ways to vape to legislate with one broad approach. And it would be impossible to specify too much. Like vaping allowed above 1.00ohm. I thinks some relaxation is welcome but I don't think I would endorse it to the extent it's reported in the article on the OP. But then again, bbc have been known for overstating facts every now and then?

The problem with this is that smoking isn’t banned because it makes clouds of smoke. It’s banned because it’s very harmful to the health. By this logic you’d also need to have legislation about smoke machines and incense sticks.

My stealth vaping is no different than when I use my inhaler.
Stupid high nic in a pod, one toot, hold it in, nothing comes out.
Nic cravings satisfied, not one person notices/see's/smells anything.

...then pubs etc could decide to allow pod vaping in certain areas...

A lot of pubs already allow vaping, anywhere in the pub.

edit: i should also say that whenever I’m in the pub, which isn’t that often, I’m usually puffing a vape (because there are quite a few round here that allow it and I’d generally go to those ones) and nobody cares. Nobody has ever appeared offended, complained, said anything to the barman etc. And it’s not like they are pubs full of people vaping, often just me.

Last edited:
The key is to differentiate vaping from smoking, particularly where policy makers have been lazy and lumped together the two activities as one and the same. The point of the report is to highlight that there's no good reason to treat vaping the same as smoking.

We can't rely on common sense, least of all with vapers who used to smoke. After all, when in your lifetime was smoking a common sense thing to do? If you were a smoker (like I was) then you have to admit that your common sense let you down badly.

Fuck yeah! cloud comps on the back seat! no more of that stale fag smoke smell of the one guy who just finished a fag moments before he gets on the bus. FUCKING AMAZING IDEA!

When we hired a coach to go to stansted airport the coach driver lets us vape on the coach :)2

Don't use buses but if I did unless it was a mtl device and a long journey I wouldn't

Http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-45212444

It's part of the parliamentary report published today that recommend relaxing the rules around vaping in public spaces. I wouldn't vape on a bus or plane. One of the reasons I stopped subohming outside is because I think it's inconsiderate to other people to force them to walk through a huge cloud, regardless of how nice it smells.

I think the argument that "at least it's not fag smoke" doesn't stick in this context. On the other hand some people wear the most atrocious perfumes and I have to put up with it :D

Anyways. I don't think they considered evidence of 10 smok princes inside a bus at 100w. Thoughts?
I see no reason or need to vape on a bus - less harmful or. not It it can still be annoying.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom