What's new

University of Lincoln study

Status
Not open for further replies.
To give a little context about the ethical committee, the survey would have been approved by them as:

1. the survey is not asking someone to participate in vaping ie supervising/ asking them to try something, therefore there is no risk of harm coming to a human or animal;
2. The ethical committee will be the uni ethical committee which consists of the H&S department several research professors coming from various research backgrounds;
3. As no humans or lethal chemicals / viruses or risk to land / water etc are involved it did not have to go to an external agency, pay £1k fee for a request for consideration.

One thing is for sure, if I decide to do a PHd I know where not to apply!

Further updates:

Thank you for your suggestions. Truth is we tried doing a little research by actively adding to forums and despite us not having agenda we were met with very strong harassment from certain users. Thus we decided to not use these sources (and a ethics committee did have their reservation about sourcing information directly from people). Considering the online sources, those were and are still monitored for any new publication. We tried joining groups on social media and we were unfortunately unsuccessful in attempts to join or rather nobody ever got back to us. But that's research. Hope you have a lovely day.

My response:

that's probably because there's a lot of piss poor "science" coming from the likes of stanton glantz in the USA who recently "proved" that e-cigatettes increased your risk of heart attack from e-cigarettes 10 years before you even started using them!

I suggest you look at the work of dr konstantinos Farsalinos for better guidance.

“very strong harassment”

WTAF?

Now I know for certain that the Lincolnshire masseur is involved. A man who blocked me for politely asking him to cite a source for a statement. The twat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom