What's new

UCL Study: Health effects of vaping vs smoking

Recruiting male and female ex-smokers who now vape to participate in research on the health effects of e-cigarettes compared with smoking conventional cigarettes and not smoking at all. You should be willing to answer questions about your health and provide a urine sample, heart rate and breath measurements.

If eligible, participation involves one laboratory visit (30-60 minutes) at UCL, 1-19 Torrington Place, London, WC1E 7HB.

Get a £20 Amazon gift voucher at the end of your visit and up to £5 cash for travel costs with a valid receipt or travel ticket.

Email: [email protected]

Call: 020 7679 8354

Screening survey: www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/heat-not-burn

Any questions, feel free to post on here!

Data will be collected and stored securely in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 & GDPR 2018. Responses will be labelled with an anonymous ID number and not be personally-identifiable. Study approved by the UCL Research Ethics Committee: 12621/001.

I'm in.

But only if I can provide samples of my urine, heart and breath all at once.
Totes CBA doing it three times.

:30:

I'm in.

But only if I can provide samples of my urine, heart and breath all at once.
Totes CBA doing it three times.

:30:
Thanks for your interest in taking part. We only ask for one urine sample during the session. The heart rate and breath measurements are taken before and after using your vaping product and can be repeated 2-3 times to increase accuracy of the readings. Each reading only takes a couple of mins. The session can take between 40-60 mins. If you're still interested, please complete the screening questionnaire: www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/heat-not-burn. Thanks, Hannah

Thanks for your interest in taking part. We only ask for one urine sample during the session. The heart rate and breath measurements are taken before and after using your vaping product and can be repeated 2-3 times to increase accuracy of the readings. Each reading only takes a couple of mins. The session can take between 40-60 mins. If you're still interested, please complete the screening questionnaire: www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/heat-not-burn. Thanks, Hannah

Ahh.
Does that mean we need to attend UCL or live in a close proximity to it though?

Ahh.
Does that mean we need to attend UCL or live in a close proximity to it though?
Yes, you would need to attend UCL for the study. We reimburse travel expenses up to £5 (with a valid receipt/ticket) but I understand it may be inconvenient to travel from outside London. Thanks again, Hannah

Most of us vapers who live in London would have an Oyster card for use on public transport, where you tap in and tap out. How would we provide a valid receipt or ticket?

Most of us vapers who live in London would have an Oyster card for use on public transport, where you tap in and tap out. How would we provide a valid receipt or ticket?
Thanks for your message. If you have an oyster account linked to your card it allows you to view your journey history and cost online - we would accept a screenshot of this as a receipt. Alternatively, if you were able to purchase a paper ticket for the journey to/from the study with a receipt we could take a copy of this. Thanks, Hannah

Yes, you would need to attend UCL for the study. We reimburse travel expenses up to £5 (with a valid receipt/ticket) but I understand it may be inconvenient to travel from outside London. Thanks again, Hannah

Apologies Hannah. I'm some distance away so it' s not really feasible.

Best of luck though, and I hope it's a positive experience for all concerned.

Back
Top Bottom