What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Product recall usb mains adaptors

Thanks for that. just dropped it to 8 watts and 3.8 volts and it's still very good. It also means the Batt will last a little longer. Thanks again.

No problem, glad to be of help. Why did you order 1.6? Shouldn't be much of a difference between that and 1.8? Just curious.

No problem, glad to be of help. Why did you order 1.6? Shouldn't be much of a difference between that and 1.8? Just curious.

No real reason, just that I stuck them in my basket and couldn't be bothered to change, as you say no real difference.

I got the exact same charger with my Eleaf, from Ivapour.

Appreciate the heads up, as while I haven't used it yet, I would have taken it away with me to use in a couple of weeks.

Looks like the Eleaf will be charging off the hotel's TV USB instead. :)

Please make this information as accessible as possible, as a lot of folk here have bought isticks recently.

Last edited:
I'm hoping someone can answer a question for me please. I also have this charger but have stopped using it now. It was a 500ma charger. I have a spare 1000ma usb charger, would this be on to use or is it too powerful? It will be charging either a I stick or kanger ipow2 1600. In both instructions it doesn't say what plug to use, just a 5v usb charger. Thanks.

Last edited:
I'm hoping someone can answer a question for me please. I also have this charger but have stopped using it now. It was a 500mah charger. I have a spare 1000mah usb charger, would this be on to use or is it too powerful? It will be charging either a I stick or kanger ipow2 1600. In both instructions it doesn't say what plug to use, just a 5v usb charger. Thanks.

1 amp is fine for the istick but not sure on the ipow2

1 amp is fine for the istick but not sure on the ipow2

I charged it last night and it was fine, but is it dangerous? The ipow2 is new and a 1600mah battery, is it different technology to the istick battery?

I charged it last night and it was fine, but is it dangerous? The ipow2 is new and a 1600mah battery, is it different technology to the istick battery?

Just had a look and I see it uses a MicroUSB port so I see no problems using that charger as well, but as with charging any MOD do not leave it charging unattended and disconnect it as soon as it is charged.

I got a response back from kangertech but it didn't make any sense. I think they wanted me to ask the USA tech department so I forwarded it to them.

Just bumping this thread!

Haven't been about for the last couple of weeks, and after reading this realised that I had one of these with my iStick (gift from OH so not sure where it was from).

Duly Binned

Not the same product but if you've got this model then ditch it too. I got this with my first 2nd gen vaping kit about 18 months ago and recently dug it out to charge a DNA mod. It went pop. I should've known better using unbranded Chinese stuff tbh.

ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1415923737.926356.jpg
ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1415923763.984996.jpg
ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1415923789.583544.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Planet of the Vapes

Back
Top Bottom