What's new

Product recall usb mains adaptors

All mine came with are these in the actual istick box.

And if you specified UK you got a 3 pin converter.

Why would vendors be putting in chargers ? My understanding was they all came with a charger unless there's an istick only option I've not seen.

I got that as well - threw them away

(This may need moving @Diche )

I have recently received a number of chargers, from different vendors, as part of istick kits as per the one pictured that came in a yellow box. These chargers have been the subject of a Serious Risk Rapex notification.

EUROPA - Consumer Affairs - Unsafe products

If you look further down the list there are some more with very similar model numbers at positions 20 & 22 I have seen so far
I normally just keep the USB lead and throw away the chargers and use my own which I have researched to be a good safe charger

(This may need moving Diche )

I have recently received a number of chargers, from different vendors, as part of istick kits as per the one pictured that came in a yellow box. These chargers have been the subject of a Serious Risk Rapex notification.

EUROPA - Consumer Affairs - Unsafe products

Thanks for the update. I got this very same one with my iStick. Threw in a spares box. Had no intention of using it. I am constantly near a pc or laptop and simply use the usb port.

Safest way is to use USB port. No way of supplying too high of a current if battery controller is crap on istick.

Agreed, but not having a laptop or ipad I need a wall charger for holidays, Or I will spend half my time looking for a USB port. The serial no I posted earlier was from TW and has the same speck as the one from MyEpack so should do the job, as I can't find any reports of faults for it.
PS I also have to say I love the Istick with the nautilus mini on it.:grin2:

Agreed, but not having a laptop or ipad I need a wall charger for holidays, Or I will spend half my time looking for a USB port. The serial no I posted earlier was from TW and has the same speck as the one from MyEpack so should do the job, as I can't find any reports of faults for it.
PS I also have to say I love the Istick with the nautilus mini on it.:grin2:

I've got a Nautilus "Maxi". Can't wait for istick to arrive. What wattage / voltage do you use? 1.6 or 1.8ohm?
Just grab any older charger from a respectable manufacturer, like Jugg1es said, and use that. Make sure mAh is not above 800-1000.

Last edited:
I've got a Nautilus "Maxi". Can't wait for istick to arrive. What wattage / voltage do you use? 1.6 or 1.8ohm?
Just grab any older charger from a respectable manufacturer, like @Jugg1es said, and use that. Make sure mAh is not above 800-1000.

I've got 1.8ohm but 1.6 on order. I usually set it at 10 watts and need to carry some juice with me if I'm out awhile as it drinks the juice.

I've got 1.8ohm but 1.6 on order. I usually set it at 10 watts and need to carry some juice with me if I'm out awhile as it drinks the juice.

What voltage does it show? Also, keep in mind it delivers more rms voltage than it shows. It shows mean voltage. It's about 1v out up until you get to higher end. If you want more info, I'll dig out that video.

What voltage does it show? Also, keep in mind it delivers more rms voltage than it shows. It shows mean voltage. It's about 1v out up until you get to higher end. If you want more info, I'll dig out that video.

It's showing 4.3 volts which means it's probably 5.3. The Vid would be great, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom