What's new

McAvan may have her way yet!

Trying to loophole out of the standard diplomatic process - what exactly IS her agenda? Surely if it were for the people and health in general it is in everybodies interests to have this thoroughly investigated, debated and ruled over by majority based on evidence and due diligence, or is she in a pocket of someone, somewhere and just waiting on the 'nails in the coffin' backhander?

You reckon this woman has the cognitive ability to think for herself, I certainly don't. There's more at work here.

Really, I just think she has a little bit of power and thinks it gives her the right to do whatever the fuck she thinks, literally just what SHE thinks. As I have said in another thread I have yet to see her in a good light on any video footage other than a snotty, hardnose cowbag. These people in power should remember that they were put into positions of authority and voice by the people and it doesn't give them any more right to steamroll free choice than when they were sucking up to us to get said power.

To my MEP

Dear Mr. Clark,

As one of your constituents I would like to express my deep concern to you about Mrs. McAven enacting Rule 140 in order to force through ill-considered legislation with regards electronic cigarettes/vaping this coming Monday.

Nicotine is legal and has very little effect over and above that of a cup of coffee and yet this woman seems hell-bent on criminalising vapers and ruining British businesses who until this point have been growing in numbers at a rapid rate.

My personal vaping device is not a medical aid, the constituents of the e-juice I vape comes from reputable suppliers such as Boots...it is not a medicine.

Vaping offers a vastly safer route for smokers to obtain nicotine and is 95% safer than cigarettes. People who vape enjoy doing so, chose it of their own free will and cause no cost to society by way of result. In fact, it is far cheaper to society than allowing people to continue to drink.

I would like to urge you to support those of your growing number of constituents who chose a healthy form of enjoying nicotine, to support their right to make their own mature and informed lifestyle choices and to oppose this ill-considered and flawed proposal.

Please would you encourage your colleagues to do the same. Thank you.

Kind regards,

From my MEP, SIX minutes later

Thank you very much for your enquiry about the EU Tobacco Products Directive
which includes both traditional cigarettes and E-cigs.

UKIP is strongly libertarian and we agree with your personal right to take
tobacco for whatever personal pleasure you take from it. The EU should have
no jurisdiction over us and we believe the United Kingdom is perfectly able
to take decisions for itself. This includes the regulations they have in
mind for E-cigs. We will oppose all aspects of this legislation, we shall
vote against it in Committee, we shall speak against it in Committee and in
the house as opportunity arises and we shall vote against it when it finally
comes up in the European Parliament. We are very happy to meet
representatives from the industry and from the medical profession to discuss
this issue.

If it becomes possible we shall put down amendments to the legislation in
order to weaken it but we are usually outvoted in these things especially as
the three old UK parties usually vote against it and in line with the mass
of MEPs from the rest of the EU. We often lose out this way because most
countries of the European Union do not understand the concept of personal
liberty and freedom.

The medical profession generally advises people against smoking for obvious
reasons. However, the Royal College of Physicians has called for the E-cigs
to be made more widely available, arguing that it is safer for smokers to
use these alternatives than to continue smoking. They also find that E-Cigs
are safer than other approaches like nicotine patches.

You may rely upon us to do what we can to derail this directive but the only
real answer is to leave the European Union, a course of action which only
UKIP advocates.

Yours sincerely

Derek Clark MEP

The office of Derek Clark MEP
UK Independence Party
Suite 1, Rowan House
23 Billing Road
NORTHAMPTON
NN1 5AT

Email - [email protected]
Web - www.derekclarkmep.org.uk
Tel - 01604 620064

and yet UKip meps didnt show up to vote at the last one ...

Hopefully if more are contacted prior to the next vote they might have an incentive to attend this time

Back
Top Bottom