What's new

have you ever wondered......

Imo there won’t be an nhs in its current form in twenty years.Its just plain unsustainable.

The tories will defo sell us a USA like insurance model at some point

Imo there won’t be an nhs in its current form in twenty years.Its just plain unsustainable.

The tories will defo sell us a USA like insurance model at some point

I think they'll try, for sure, but it won't wash. No matter how bad things seem to get, our NHS, the staff, the facilities and the level of care and support is still the envy of the world. We are truly blessed to have such a resource and I can't thank them enough for putting me and my loved ones back together when the s**t hit the fan.

Now I grant you, there's nothing to sniff at if you can afford private healthcare. My wife has it through her company and her hospital was more like a 5 Star hotel. Unfortunately most people can't afford such things.

My wife has a friend in the USA and her mothers recent medical treatment forced them to sell her home, even though she had insurance. I for one don't wish to live in a society where we can't help look out for our fellow men and women. We're not savages.

Mate I totally agree with the sentiment but just feel the nhs can’t continue as is, have a disabled stepson in the house and we see every little cut.Its worse than they ever let on money wise imo.

Mate I totally agree with the sentiment but just feel the nhs can’t continue as is, have a disabled stepson in the house and we see every little cut.Its worse than they ever let on money wise imo.

This is exactly why we, as a nation, need to be flexible. Nothing gets resolved by complaining in isolation.

We need to give the NHS an extra penny in the pound from our wages. Yes, we'll all feel it but just imagine the difference. Patients given back their dignity. Enough midwives to care for new born babies and their mothers. Life changing drugs available for the first time.

This isn't a pipe dream, it's achievable and within our grasp. The money won't come from leaving Europe, we need to facilitate this change and look after each other.

This is exactly why we, as a nation, need to be flexible. Nothing gets resolved by complaining in isolation.

We need to give the NHS an extra penny in the pound from our wages. Yes, we'll all feel it but just imagine the difference. Patients given back their dignity. Enough midwives to care for new born babies and their mothers. Life changing drugs available for the first time.

This isn't a pipe dream, it's achievable and within our grasp. The money won't come from leaving Europe, we need to facilitate this change and look after each other.
They need to collect the tax from the rich. Poor people are getting fleeced left and right, even the fuckin queen is hiding money offshore.

They need to collect the tax from the rich. Poor people are getting fleeced left and right, even the fuckin queen is hiding money offshore.

To be fair, and I'm no royalist, I doubt the Queen was complicit in those actions. Someone thought they were being clever and its back fired massively.

The rich are the most likely to have private healthcare. Why would or should they pay? They already pay 40, sometimes 45% income tax. Not everyone in the top earning brackets is a tax dodging c**k womble.

There needs to be legislation that stops companies setting up offshore business accounts in tax havens and those who persist will have all due taxes forcibly taken, again reducing the cost to the taxpayers by mitigating the need for lengthy court proceedings.

Much of the problem stems from the stance of the BMA.

The BMA is just a trade union like any other, but it has achieved god-like status and its opinions are highly respected.

Unfortunately, it's owned by big pharma so that's where its loyalties lie.

"The rich are the most likely to have private healthcare". paid for by "their yearly dividends" after "rinsing the NHS with astronomical drug prices".

Also, what do we pay national insurance for, on top of income tax.

Back
Top Bottom