What's new

have you ever wondered......

As my title suggests I was wondering with all the TPD regulations coming in could this and other bad press on vaping be the very unhappy tobacco companies trying to regulate vaping kit and supplies because of all the revenue they and governments must be losing due to people wising up and kicking the coffin nails in to touch.... After all other nicotine containing products are not under TPD such as patches and gum etc ..... Just wondering keep it cloudy my fellow vapers

I dont doubt it that the smoking industry and government is trying to curb a lot of things vaping related. Think about the amount of profit and taxes being lost without people smoking.

Big Tobacco will survive with or without vaping and the goventment can see that in long term money will be saved by not having to pump as much into the nhs and stop smoking services and programes.

The ones who have the most to lose from vaping is the pharmacutical companies who are loosing revenue from thier innefective gums/patches/sprays etc (pocket money) but thier biggest loss will be from the more serious apsects of smoking,operations and the associated drugs that go with them.
Big Pharma know vaping works and they are worried about thier future,they are most likely to be the biggest culprits behind the fake news and twisted "scientific reports"

From what I have read over the years, it's big pharma that did most if not all the damage. With all the lobbying to the EU, and all the mis-info. It is they that where pushing for medical regulations, not to kill off the e-cig, but to be able to take control.

The tobacco companies, may or may not have done some of the same. But ask yourself this. Why would big tobacco buy into the e-cig market, if they where trying to kill it off ?

Make no mistake that both big pharmaceutical and tobacco companies are moving mountains to gain a foothold in the Ecig market.Saw someone else talking about it recently.So it’s all
Going to be become a bit harder to read into.

The UK government have once again been rather shortsighted on this issue.

Vaping is a win-win situation. The industry is growing both online and on the highstreet. This means new tax revenues from sales and the pay packets of those who've found employment due to vaping.

To-date, no-one has needed lengthy medical treatment because they vaped. Of course this 'might' come back to haunt me/us but more quality research is required. The savings for the NHS would be monumental along with social care bills etc.

The problem is the fact that no-one in government has the balls to stand up to the pharmaceutical companies. They are already rinsing the NHS with astronomical drug prices. If no-one is willing to draw a line in the sand and say 'enough is enough', why would you expect them to behave differently? They have shareholders who expect their yearly dividends.

The UK government have once again been rather shortsighted on this issue.

Vaping is a win-win situation. The industry is growing both online and on the highstreet. This means new tax revenues from sales and the pay packets of those who've found employment due to vaping.

To-date, no-one has needed lengthy medical treatment because they vaped. Of course this 'might' come back to haunt me/us but more quality research is required. The savings for the NHS would be monumental along with social care bills etc.

The problem is the fact that no-one in government has the balls to stand up to the pharmaceutical companies. They are already rinsing the NHS with astronomical drug prices. If no-one is willing to draw a line in the sand and say 'enough is enough', why would you expect them to behave differently? They have shareholders who expect their yearly dividends.

Not quite win win if they aren’t achieving the same level of taxation on ecigs as they did from tobacco.Lets be honest the flip side of that argument is that the governments finances wouldn’t exactly be worse off for folks dying younger.

Not quite win win if they aren’t achieving the same level of taxation on ecigs as they did from tobacco.Lets be honest the flip side of that argument is that the governments finances wouldn’t exactly be worse off for folks dying younger.

In part, I agree with the points you're raising. I've never quite understood why the government is so keen for us to live longer. Once you retire, you effectively stop contributing to the countries finances and effectively become a drain on resources. It's a terrible thing to say, I appreciate that, and lots of senior citizens contribute massively to our country in so many ways. The truth is though, as we get older, we need more support from the countries medical and social systems.

With regards to tax revenues, they all end up in one big pot and it doesn't work. Look at our NHS, the roads, social care and education. The NHS has never been self-sufficient since its inception and privatisation has resolved very little. The government needs to look at the options it has to reduce expenditure. Tax revenues from cigarettes is huge I'm sure but treating people with cancer, like myself, for 5 years and more must cost more than I've ever contributed.

Back
Top Bottom