What's new

Electronic Cigarettes Contain Higher Levels of Toxic Metal Nanopartices Than Tobacco

Does this research just apply to Carto's?.............does it apply to all carto's or just the type you get with Cig-a-likes?

Should we be concerned about all types of vapeing or just using Carto's?

It does raise a few questions though.

It raises concerns about the cartos that they used, which were less than I believe ten barely touching the market as it is... As I said above, we breath more chemicals and nasties when a car drives by us or anywhere public. To me this is a very flawed study, if it can even be called a study, more like a test of a handful of cartomisers.

What I think this shows is the manufacturers need to pull their socks up and produce quality components otherwise they are going to add flames to the already burning fire.

In other words they need to be seen as Whiter than White.

What I think this shows is the manufacturers need to pull their socks up and produce quality components otherwise they are going to add flames to the already burning fire.

In other words they need to be seen as Whiter than White.

I bet that if that happens, then the cost of vaping will raise substantially.

It raises concerns about the cartos that they used, which were less than I believe ten barely touching the market as it is... As I said above, we breath more chemicals and nasties when a car drives by us or anywhere public. To me this is a very flawed study, if it can even be called a study, more like a test of a handful of cartomisers.

so in essence ... cheap pre filled cartos are shit?

who knew?
:D

Until Edwina Currie tells me this, i continue vaping :2thumbsup: She got it right about the eggs didn't she......oh wait...

Oh man, thats it I am gonna vape mercury from my lead atomizer. Cmon critics bring it on. For all you know the tobacco industry is funding this rubbish because their losses are big time now, I choose not to believe everything I read. Besides that I am just over my first year vaping and the health improvement for me is drastic the only downfall I have found is I now vape more nicotine than I did on stinkies. Oh and notice that they do not really do a toxin comparison with tobacco, mmmmm I wonder why.

Simon

This applies to a few cartos and who knows what pre-filled cartos contain?
If you use silica wicks then you could inhale silica, if you use nicrome or kanthal wire you could be breathing metals. If you use mesh wicks there's a discussion about hexavalent chromium, porous wicks are in their infancy and hard to obtain (plus fragile).
I had a little to do with selecting RoHS compliant components and solder, lead-free solder gives off toxic fumes, far worse than lead, when melted. Read what is in RoHS compliant products and you'll never touch electronic devices again.

Other random thoughts. Unless you live on top of a mountain in the middle of nowhere you are breathing toxins including heavy metals all the time. Diesel, catalytic converters just to name two.

On this study, how much of each substance, how much above the permitted level, and is there variation between one carto and another, or were they all from the same batch?

There is more non-science and junk science than real these days because most is funded for financial gain.
This might b funded by tobacco companies but I see pharma and/or cancer charity ANTZ organisations as the most likely suspects.

While e-cigarettes are rightly marketed as safer than conventional tobacco cigarettes

This is the only statement that has personal significance for me in this article.

Just like thousands of other people, I've tried to stop smoking several times and used a wide variety of 'approved' methods, all of which have ultimately failed. Vaping is the only thing that keeps me from smoking 40-50 fags a day. Tobacco Harm Reduction is exactly what is says it is.... harm reduction.

I think the main point that antis might take from this study might be to try and kick off a debate about 'passive vapour'. Do the results of this results focus only on the constituents of inhaled vapour or are they trying to say that exhaled vapour might be 'toxic' to bystanders?

Back
Top Bottom