What's new

Do you want to see the positive view from the scientists?

Colonelboom

Vendor
As part of an ongoing investigation by a Science and Technology panel of the House of Commons, a number of scientists are being asked to give evidence and thoughts on ecigarettes, how they are mis perceived or misrepresented and if they are potentially harmful or showing no evidence of harm.

If nothing else, this should give you an idea of just how positive the majority of all data collected has been so far but most importantly how the government are at least trying to understand this.

Warning, it's a long watch, the first three panellists are just over 1 hour and 16 minutes but it's a very worthy watch of something that only happened a couple of days ago.

Many things are brought up, how taxation should not be increased, the lack of a gateway, the lack of any biomedical markers to show long term harm and how the media are overstating any negative points they can get hold of. They even ask on a few occasions why other countries seem to be banning a product that clearly shows health benefits. Peter Hajek even tries to hammer home that nicotine is not as addictive as the public believe it be except in the case of tobacco smoke where the addictiveness is amplified somehow.

TL:DR it's very positive.

Cheers for this , will be an evening watch for me as well [emoji4]

I've got a spare couple of hours this evening while the kids are at their respective activities so I will give this a watch.

Cheers Leigh

As part of an ongoing investigation by a Science and Technology panel of the House of Commons, a number of scientists are being asked to give evidence and thoughts on ecigarettes, how they are mis perceived or misrepresented and if they are potentially harmful or showing no evidence of harm.

If nothing else, this should give you an idea of just how positive the majority of all data collected has been so far but most importantly how the government are at least trying to understand this.

Warning, it's a long watch, the first three panellists are just over 1 hour and 16 minutes but it's a very worthy watch of something that only happened a couple of days ago.

Many things are brought up, how taxation should not be increased, the lack of a gateway, the lack of any biomedical markers to show long term harm and how the media are overstating any negative points they can get hold of. They even ask on a few occasions why other countries seem to be banning a product that clearly shows health benefits. Peter Hajek even tries to hammer home that nicotine is not as addictive as the public believe it be except in the case of tobacco smoke where the addictiveness is amplified somehow.

TL:DR it's very positive.

Cant find it on my TV guide.
What time / channel is it on ?
Or is it online ?

Back
Top Bottom