What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

CASAA's 1st Study Funded by the CASAA research fund (and not Big T or Big P)

My wife and both mum and dad who were all heavy smokers .....Now vape without nicotine just use ecigs for vapour ..Its like a habit they do ...just pick there ecig and blow vapour with there flavour ...only vg/pg and flavour so what harm can this be doing them when thay have come off 20/30 cigs per day.? The gov dont give a shite about peeps health its all about money end of story ....FULL STOP :hmm:

Last edited:
I like this quote:

CASAA Scientific Director, Carl V. Phillips, summarized the importance of the study, saying "It has always been clear that e-cigarettes were much lower risk than smoking, but there was uncertainty about whether continuing to inhale a mix of chemicals posed a measurable risk. Even those of us who have long encouraged smokers to switch are a bit surprised that even the worst-case-scenario risks are so low. This study assures us that e-cigarettes are as low risk as other smoke-free tobacco and nicotine products, like smokeless tobacco and NRT. All of these products are about 99% less harmful than smoking, and so smokers who switch to them gain basically the same health benefits as if they quit tobacco and nicotine entirely."

This is excellent, we are finally starting to get some truly independent research out into the public domain. Can only be good for our cause.

Shared. I've also printed out a copy of "employers and electronic cigarettes" from ECCAuk, to take to work (a rather large supermarket chain). to assist them with an effective policy on EC/PV. Be it right or wrong to say i'm a non-smoker (if I can stay off them) now, and I don't really want to be in the smoking area. That's not to say I want to vape in-doors as I still go to the back door at home to vape. Next to rather than in would be better.

Back
Top Bottom