What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Article: You should probably stop vaping flavoured e-cigs right now

I don't know if we should worry but it is something we should be concerned about enough to try and make the flavourings as safe as possible for us to inhale, which will always be an ongoing thing. ... and that's not something new, that's been happening for a while now.

more bull shit. vaping is a safer alternative by far vapers never said its 100% safe they are clinging on to small percentages in tests to justify their findings. if they would do a proper comparison chart against fags [ they wont ] you would get a more informed idea of the bullshit they are spewing.

so they want you to pay $40 for 48 hours to view the full report. they can go swivel on a cucumber.

crock of shite if you ask me. with all this scaremongering whats the other option. oh yeh, go back to cigarettes that we know kill people.

So this one comes round again :)

Aldehyde or Formaldehyde production occurs when you drive the coil to the point where it burns the juice and/or cotton ... more commonly known as a dry hit. It's doubtful you could inhale this more than once ... you'd have to go through a few tankful's of dry hits to get a meaningful exposure to Aldehydes.

For the long answer see Farsalinos at this years Global forum on Nicotine at

Here is the actual study, if anyone's interested.

Attachments

• acs%2Eest%2E6b05145.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 127
Aimed at getting people on unflavoured juice in the hope they just give up and go back to smoking fags.
As mentioned its dry hits that give off any toxins but these are far lesser than inhaling the smoke off 1 fag. Cos who is gonna keep vaping without filling or changing the cotton etc after a dry hit.

It seems they acknowledged dry hits in the study and took measure to exclude it. Their funding comes from an environmental non profit institution so their motives looks clean tbh. The toxins they've reported here are at higher levels than in cigs too. I'm not saying ecigs are bad, but we think they're better than analogues on the basis of lack of evidence, so I think we should pay attention when new evidence emerges, although skeptically ;)

surely the emissions testing everything is going through will sort this out ... as Aldehydes are banned in the emissions by TPD anyway.

also .. Non profit environmental does NOT mean it has not got a board of Big Tobacco and big pharma backers .. or a board staffed by anti any kind of smoking vaping nannies

surely the emissions testing everything is going through will sort this out ... as Aldehydes are banned in the emissions by TPD anyway.

also .. Non profit environmental does NOT mean it has not got a board of Big Tobacco and big pharma backers .. or a board staffed by anti any kind of smoking vaping nannies

Yeah, I sincerely hope they find it's safer than cigs! Does anyone know why the lack of research? The only thing I could find out about the DRI funding is part came from NASA, oh well, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't find out no matter how much I dug around.

Btw, sorry did not mean to quote you there, computer had some kind of spasm!

Back
Top Bottom