What's new

Well! Here's a turn up for the books...

EthelKing

Veteran
I have just received a reply from one of my MEPs - Charles Tannock MEP (Conservtive) - regarding the last letter I sent in January - it makes a very interesting read:

"Dear Dexter (my words, not his),

Thank you very much for writing to us about the proposal issued by the European Commission to amend current European law concerning the manufacture, presentation and sale of tobacco and related products. Please accept our apologies for the delay in receiving a response.

You will be happy to know that Charles Tannock agrees with your position. He sees the potential that e-cigarettes offer as harm-reduction devices to improve human health, and fears that thousands of British e-cigarette users (and many more across the EU) are likely to return to smoking if the directive is amended as foreseen and nicotine
concentrations are limited to 4mg/ml. He will therefore vote against the proposals accordingly.

Kind regards,

Grant Cherry
Intern to Charles Tannock MEP"

What is interesting to note is that Charles Tannock is a psychiatrist - so fingers crossed he will be sharing his knowledge of vaping and addiction with other colleagues and spreading the word.

Cheers!

Lee

I guess we shouldn't be surprised to see so many Conservatives and UKIP members coming down on our side whether through an instinct against nanny state and over regulation or dislike of the EU membership generally. Frankly I don't care :D
Good result Dexter

That's good Dexter. It was certainly worth the wait and it seems that Conservatives may be developing an official policy.

Now we need to get the big EU parties on board. Because of being Eurosceptics they're all members of a small EU party, same as UKIP is.
That is, in the UK, Labour, Lib-Dem and Greens.
Most of them want, or wanted, the medical route, but it seems that ENVI members are asking questions about the part of the TPD we're interested in.

my mp is on our side but him being an independent and probs out on his ear soon not much hope for him to do great things , ahh oor eric hes quite a guy

Last night I heard that the German ENVI rapportuer joined their main vaping forum. If enough come over from all countries, that's what we need.
The best way for MEPs to learn about vaping is by joining forums.
It's time to write another round of letters based on the 'debate' so far, keep the pressure up, but should we ask them to join our forums and give links as well?

Back
Top Bottom