What's new

Vehicle smokefree law change 01/10/2015

sduncb

Achiever
Even we are included (no we are not as iv been informed. Read article a little too fast!!

Last edited:
2. Rules about smoking in private vehicles

From 1 October 2015, private vehicles must be smokefree if they are enclosed, there is more than one person present and one of them is under 18.

So it will be an offence:

for a person of any age to smoke in a private vehicle that is carrying someone who is under 18
for a driver (including a provisional driver) not to stop someone smoking in these circumstances

The rules don’t apply to e-cigarettes.

Seems like the government is acknowleging that breathing in 2nd hand vapour isnt dangerous to kids (or anyone else).

Last edited:
Even we are included (no we are not as iv been informed. Read article a little too fast!!
Sorry, didn't mean to appear short, it's just I'm at work so sometimes if I want to respond to a post I need to rattle something off quicksmart while nobody's looking!!!

Sorry, didn't mean to appear short, it's just I'm at work so sometimes if I want to respond to a post I need to rattle something off quicksmart while nobody's looking!!!

Not an issue. I just read ecigarettes in the title and skim read the rest of it. Does get me into bother at times

I have to think, how long will it be before they try to apply this to private homes. Its just as rediculous, the enforceability is more difficult, but the risks are just the same.
You'll see, just wait. Big Brother in marchin in I tells ya. 30 years late, but he'll be here. :)

I have to think, how long will it be before they try to apply this to private homes. Its just as rediculous, the enforceability is more difficult, but the risks are just the same.
You'll see, just wait. Big Brother in marchin in I tells ya. 30 years late, but he'll be here. :)

Yup! New 2020 parliamentary rules state all new homes are to have CCTV linked to local police and government!! (yes this isnt true but would it surprise you if it did come to fruition)

Tin foil hat mode on...

Big brother isnt marching in, you let him in when you ticked the terms and conditions box.

Anything 'smart' is a watching/listening device.

Tin foil hat mode on...

Big brother isnt marching in, you let him in when you ticked the terms and conditions box.

Anything 'smart' is a watching/listening device.

That's true and with location switched on you tell them exactly where you are.

Some parts of the USA already have smoking bans in social rented housing. Brighton is considering banning smoking on the beach.

As for vaping and driving, if you blow clouds you are breaking the law I think even if alone. You'd be obscuring your vision.
Never mind though because if the TW challenge fails there'll be no clouds. If TPD-compliant ecigs ever exist there's no risk of clouds from a downgraded cigalike.

OT, anybody seen the Vype eTank, meant for post-TPD I think. It's a hobbled fixed-voltage Evod battery and clearo, can't change coils, unscrew mouthpiece to fill with non-spill design and there are nine flavours in special 10 ml bottles, max strength 12 mg/ml. Most need a lot stronger with that old tech.

As for being watched, use a foreign VPN for internet with no location on?

Back
Top Bottom