What's new

Vaping vs Smoke Machines

Digicig

Postman
A thought occurred to me that i haven't seen mentioned - either on the pro or anti side of the ecig debate.

The media pick up on the use of VG/PG in ecigs - and that PG is 'an ingredient in anti-freeze - yet i've never seen it mentioned that both are also used in commercial smoke machines common in nightclubs etc - and in large enough quantities to create enough 'smoke' to fill a room. Whilst i'm sure that these chemicals have been passed as 'safe' - how come i've never seen this mentioned perchance?

Aside from the fact that it obviously doesn't provide the required 'scare tactics' that is!

They also contain triethylene glycol which would appear to be more dangerous and unvapeable too!

Thoughts and corrections appreciated ;)

Just another example of the deceitful practices of those vested interests that are losing out to vaping Digi.

As it doesn't threaten their profits, they can safely ignore it and concentrate their efforts on vaping... which is a substantial threat to their profits.

You can bet your a$$ that if smoke machines were cutting into revenue streams or affecting profits for big pharma, they'd be under the same kind of sustained attack that e-cigs are in for.

Whilst it is obvious to a Vaper - did a quick search and i've never seen it mentioned within pro vs anti debates - generally anti say anti-freeze and pro say that PG is safe - without using the smoke machine as an example of mass exposure without permission - nightclubs will these days often have a sign warning folk of lighting that may bring on epilepsy - but i've never seen a warning for those that may have an allergy to PG!

Propylene Glycol is used in commercial food processing as a 'safe, non-toxic anti-freeze agent. That is where they get that from...the anti-freeze that is toxic, like the stuff in your cars radiator contains Ethylene Glycol instead.....any muppet can wikipedia that! But the media love a sensation!....Dont forget no-one will buy the sun in Livrpool cos they claimed that the fans robbed dead bodies and urinated on the dead at Hillsoborough!.....the public will believe what they want and if a fleet street national ran a story that water will kill you if you drink it some people will believe it...you cant help peoples ignorance

I know the media 'Play to the Galleries', i'm just surprised that its never been mentioned by the pro ecig brigade that Smoke Machines use the same chemicals and 'inflict' more 'innocent' non-vapers - potentially against their will (and health) - than even Vapefest would LoL ;)

Lets not forget Propylene Glycol is a recognized bactericide by the medical profession and is used in an inhaler for lung transplant patients to help protect against infection...they also pump it through air conditioning systems in hospitals to prevent the spread of harmful bacteria such as the type that causes legionaires disease

A thought occurred to me that i haven't seen mentioned - either on the pro or anti side of the ecig debate.

The media pick up on the use of VG/PG in ecigs - and that PG is 'an ingredient in anti-freeze - yet i've never seen it mentioned that both are also used in commercial smoke machines common in nightclubs etc - and in large enough quantities to create enough 'smoke' to fill a room. Whilst i'm sure that these chemicals have been passed as 'safe' - how come i've never seen this mentioned perchance?

Aside from the fact that it obviously doesn't provide the required 'scare tactics' that is!

They also contain triethylene glycol which would appear to be more dangerous and unvapeable too!

Thoughts and corrections appreciated ;)

Pg is also used in icecream, asthma inhalers (made by big pharma :D) and also the hospital wide delivery systems used to pump out bug killing fumes ....

they dont mention that either :) I wonder if its been tested :D

Lets not forget Propylene Glycol is a recognized bactericide by the medical profession and is used in an inhaler for lung transplant patients to help protect against infection...they also pump it through air conditioning systems in hospitals to prevent the spread of harmful bacteria such as the type that causes legionaires disease

Ahh ... I should have carried on reading before I posted :)

Back
Top Bottom