POTV - Your vaping community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Why not sign up today!

Register

Vaping and IBS.....

Discussion in 'Health and Legal Information' started by Rexer, Sep 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Colonelboom

Colonelboom Vendor

In no way was I asking if the juices were suspect, merely that I have a family member who switched to vaping and seems to be having harsher side effects than others I have come across. I wanted to see if there were any similarities to the juice perhaps

2. The Electronic Cigarette Company
  3. Gonloopy

Gonloopy Veteran

Glad to hear things have resolved Rexer. Find this interesting stuff.

Just tossing around in my head what could be going on with you here.
    Firstly, it's well documented that nicotine can act as a stimulant to the bowel, so if your IBS is taking the err ....'squirty' form, -can understand why vaping heavily could aggravate it. ( and why nicotine can be good for the bowel for those that have the constipation )

However with you it seems to be not the nic intake but the VG heavy liquids that's causing the problem...

Scratches head.

So I 'm thinking that Glycerin suppositories are frequently used for constipation. They work by drawing water from surrounding tissues into the bowel aiding 'transit'. Just surmising that it makes sense that in someone who has a sensitive bowel, such as in IBS , -a vg heavy liquid may copy this action, causing stomach cramps and a flare up.

Just tossing ideas around, -may be talking out of my rear end ( only a slight pun intended):D

4. Gonloopy

Gonloopy Veteran

I owe you an apology fleabag. Completely missed your post. Would imagine it was that first hit of nicotine in the morning , which acted as a stimulant to your bowel causing the cramps. Sorry to hear you had such a bad time of things. Hope you are ok now?

5. Vape Green
  6. Fleabag

Fleabag Achiever

After 7 years hibernation and having a few things removed/repaired, pretty much OK now.
    :)

7. Gonloopy

Gonloopy Veteran

Good news, glad to hear it :D

8. Rexer

Rexer Postman

well thats me screwed then as i cant have too much PG because of the scratchy throat, too much VG and i get the shits, oh well, i was meant to be using the vaping as a give up method........

9. Tubbyengineer

Tubbyengineer Legend

Dont give up hope yet, I suffer from mild IBS, some things will make me shall we say... soft, others no effect whatsoever, Morrisons Deli counters Southern fry fillets give me a complete Meltdown - Complete arse gravy + an extra lashing of gas, KFC has no effect at all even MacDonalds gets a look in, I can eat anything from there menu as long as I don't combine Cheeseburgers with Mango smoothies either on their own no problem - together bad news...

The moral of this story being It may not be the VG it doesnt affect me, or it could be an interaction of several things, this is quite litterally one of those times when you need to "Suck it and see"...

• Thank Thank x 1
  10. Gonloopy

Gonloopy Veteran

Ooh Rexer,
    please don't let me put you off. I'm just rambling and postulating ( have a bad habit of doing that :/)
    I may well be talking a load of bunkum.
    You said that things seem to have resolved, -so maybe you've hit your ' sweet spot' in terms of vendor/ vg/pg?

• Like Like x 1
  11. SouthernVaper

SouthernVaper Achiever

not something id recommend to anyone especially at shift change time lol

12. Fleabag

Fleabag Achiever

It could be that your body will adjust. Statins often give people stomach trouble when they start on them, but it sorts itself out.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.