What's new

Useful info to use for campaign for eliquid to remain legal in EU - plus non-progress

AnnaLaw

Postman
I've written to all of my MEPs and MP and the responses are abysmal. My MP sent a snail-mail letter saying he'd take my concerns up with Jeremy Hunt, that was it.
It seems that MEPs don't actually meet their constituents at all, not in the so-called 'prosperous' South East anyway. The one who was actually elected in my area, a Conservative, after my second letter and a couple of phone calls I did receive an acknowledgement that he'd write to me at around the same time as the 1st reading of the EU Tobacco Control Directive. I phoned his office and said that was a little late as the Commission would be putting it to Parliament at about the time he sent me a letter I'd probably have to reply to, my phone number was taken and the office said they'd call me back, a week ago. Silence.
My very first set of letters brought one response, that said MEP had a large number of letters and read them all so it would take a long time to get a reply. One acknowledgment of receipt, one letter, a form letter, from a Lib-Dem that showed she knew nothing about the subject, quoted the points of the draft Directive to me (after I said I was not interested in anything but ecigs) said a lot about tobacco, and ended by saying that so far research shows an imediate decline in lung funcion (discredited Graziou abstract) although she did say that studies were needed as there were hardly any (shows no research by her people) and ended by saying I wouldn't be forced back to smoking as an MA would be granted at some time. She did concede that vaping might be a little safer than smoking, the only positive thing. She also assured me that she would vote but 'forgot' my question about which way and if she'd support freely available eliquid in useful strengths.

Apart from a tweet in reply to my tweet to Nigel Farage saying he'd oppose the entire silly EU interference, that's it.

Some MEPs do twitter and there's a chance of getting an answer in a tweet.

The ECCA Press Pack is a very handy way of explaining realities.
This PDF, Journalists Questions, contains just about everything.
http://www.eccauk.org/pdf/journalists-questions.pdf

There is also an Introduction to e-cigarettes.
http://www.eccauk.org/pdf/introduction-to-ecigarettes.pdf

Back
Top Bottom