What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Tubbyengineers Health thread...

If you've still got the odd stinky urge TE and many do have, try having a tank of RY4 with the next strength up to your normal vape to hand. Then just take an occasional lug on that when get one of these urges.

It's not so much the urge as the fact that the damn things keep wandering into my mind - A quick toot on the tank sorts out any urges but the bloody things keep creeping up on me like ninja squirrels from hell...

Readings for 02-09-13

Before

Peak flow: 370, 400, 360
Pulse: 86
Sats:96

After vaping Mad Murdocks Agent Orange on an SVD with Protank mini

Peak Flow:370, 400, 400
Pulse: 91
Sats: 96

OK, only a couple of more days and I'll reduce to weekly readings, no one wants to wade through reams of almost identical readings but I think we can all see that Vaping is not having a significant effect on lung function or heart rate. I know this isn't a rigorous scientific study and as such can only be counted as anecdotal evidence - but it would seem to me that contrary to the ill informed outpourings of the popular press that Vaping is not causing my lungs to explode / shrivel up / turn into penguins. Nor have I developed unsightly tumours, had my penis fall off, turned into a sheep botherer. I conclude that we are safe to vape at least until some asshat politician sticks their oar in by making us smoke cigarretes like demented beagles to save us from destroying our health...

:rant:

This is an interesting thread to say the least,

i stopped the stinky's quite unintentionally too, not so much as a health kick but more about me being to idle to wander up the shop, tbh didn't so much miss the fags as the whole ritual of rolling them, it might be worth trying some TW black magic as a substitute, although I've found I really don't like tobacco flavours very much anymore this one still gets vaped from time to time.

Reading through your posts above and choice of Vaping weaponry I'm starting wonder if its an engineer thing.. SVD and Oddy ? The latter was bought purely on the Brit design, engineered and built tag (from my POV) but really like it, and the former.. Well it looked like a light sabre.

Readings for 03-09-13

Before
Peak flow: 380,360, 380
Pulse: 88
Sats: 96%

After vaping Mad Murdocks agent orange in a Protank mini on an SVD,

Peak Flow 370, 370, 380
Sats 97%

Just as a matter of interest I left the monitor on today and kept an eye on the readings as I vaped, the result of this was that I watched my pulse rise and fall depending on what skittered through the draughty hallways that pass as my mind and that my Sats level never varied by more than 1% (a slow flip flop back and forth between 96 & 97) .

This is an interesting thread to say the least,

i stopped the stinky's quite unintentionally too, not so much as a health kick but more about me being to idle to wander up the shop, tbh didn't so much miss the fags as the whole ritual of rolling them, it might be worth trying some TW black magic as a substitute, although I've found I really don't like tobacco flavours very much anymore this one still gets vaped from time to time.

Reading through your posts above and choice of Vaping weaponry I'm starting wonder if its an engineer thing.. SVD and Oddy ? The latter was bought purely on the Brit design, engineered and built tag (from my POV) but really like it, and the former.. Well it looked like a light sabre.

Well bugger me pink and purple, I bought the Odyssey because of the engineering and design being done right here in the North west, plus it does look nice, the SVD well one of the things I thought was It looks like a light sabre...

Before

Peak flow: 370, 400, 360
Sats:96

After vaping Mad Murdocks Agent Orange on an SVD with Protank mini

Peak Flow:370, 400, 400
Pulse: 91
Sats: 96

OK, only a couple of more days and I'll reduce to weekly readings, no one wants to wade through reams of almost identical readings but I think we can all see that Vaping is not having a significant effect on lung function or heart rate. I know this isn't a rigorous scientific study and as such can only be counted as anecdotal evidence - but it would seem to me that contrary to the ill informed outpourings of the popular press that Vaping is not causing my lungs to explode / shrivel up / turn into penguins. Nor have I developed unsightly tumours, had my penis fall off, turned into a sheep botherer. I conclude that we are safe to vape at least until some asshat politician sticks their oar in by making us smoke cigarretes like demented beagles to save us from destroying our health...

:rant:
I must have missed this reading-well done for hitting the 400! Looks like those kinds are beginning to work better all the time :)
as for the cigarette cravings, that is perfectly normal. Just vape through it and you'll be fine. We are so mentally programmed to "enjoy" cigarettes that we have to almost retrain our brains into realising that we don't need them anymore. You are doing brilliantly :)

Readings for 04-09-13

Before:
Peak flow: 380, 400, 390
Pulse: 80
Sats 97%

After vaping Royal Vapours Ice Mint, in a Protank Mini on an SVD

Peak flow 400, 400, 410
Pulse: 85
Sats: 96%

Well this is a great way to mark the switch over to weekly readings, I've blown over 400 for the first time. I'm going to switch to weekly readings, As although I know you all want to follow my progress I'm equally sure no one wants to wade through 365 posts of readings plus associated comments and other stray ramblings from myself, so I've given each reading the title of "Readings for DD-MM-YY" This will allow you to search the individual readings or if you are a brave and hardy soul you can read it end to end to get the epic scope of this awful saga of one fat git and his need to bore other people spitless :banghead:

Still it has all been worth it to see that magic 410...:yahoo::woohoo::yahoo:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom