POTV - Your vaping community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Why not sign up today!

Register

The old Illness from Vaping

Discussion in 'Health and Legal Information' started by Nidge, Aug 14, 2013.

1. 6027david

6027david Postman

Hi. Could be bacteria on the drip tip or mod body? My wife is an SRN and is most insistent that I sterilise both the drip tip and mod body on a daily basis.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Smoorecig
  3. ZT

ZT Super Moderator Staff Member

+1 ... steel drip tip lip scunge is foul :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. robteifi

robteifi Postman

Also make sure that you're careful to wash off any juice that gets on your hands when filling your tank.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Vapable
  6. Merino-Teflon

Merino-Teflon Exploding Mod

Headaches are usually associated with too much nic, sore throat/nose and occasional muscle aches with PG intolerance, and acne with VG intolerance. I think in rare cases, pg can cause headaches and nausea too.
    Other things to consider are what nic level are you vaping at and in what quantities, and are you having contact with the juice via the skin or orally whilst it is still in liquid form, and, consider this too, the flavour concentrates.
    I think some thorough testing is required here.

• Like Like x 1
  7. robteifi

robteifi Postman

Yes, perhaps just try pure PG without nicotine or flavour then similarly for VG. Will probably be fairly unpleasant/bland

8. Merino-Teflon

Merino-Teflon Exploding Mod

Due to the level of reaction (I ain't seen it before), I'd get pros on to this, considering the commonality of both pg and vg in everyday foodstuffs and hygiene products alone, I bet such heightened sensitivity to both or either would have affected the afflicted before now.
    (Of course, things like traumas, or even other medication you may be taking, can change the way your body reacts to usually unassuming things dramatically)

#16 Merino-Teflon, Aug 14, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
  9. Mawsley

Mawsley Putting the soup into super hero

It's possible that this could all stem from an initial visit to pros in the first place...

10. Nidge

Nidge Postman

I dropped down from 18mg nicotine to 12mg, then to 8mg and so on but I still kept getting laid up.

11. Nidge

Nidge Postman

I always go for UK made juice I never buy off the markets or the internet.

12. Nidge

Nidge Postman

I'm OK with cough syrup that's what I can't understand.

Like someone mentioned further up the board why didn't the symptoms start when I started vaping back in January?

The pain I was getting from muscle aches is nothing like I've had before, it was worse than a lactic acid build up when I've been to the gym, (oh by the way I go to the gym 5 days a week and play football twice a week) so I can safely say I know my body when something is wrong.

I'd love to get to the bottom of this because I want to get back vaping again, the price of the ciggies is killing me plus the health benefits of giving up for 7 months were phenomenal.