What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Taking civil liberties...

Mawsley

Putting the soup into super hero
Euro-court outlaws criticism of EU - Telegraph

The European Court of Justice ruled yesterday that the European Union can lawfully suppress political criticism of its institutions and of leading figures, sweeping aside English Common Law and 50 years of European precedents on civil liberties.
http://bit.ly/1pGiEHk

The implications for free speech regarding impending vaping legislation are clear - although I really can't see them pushing this beyond constructive/unfair dismissal claims.

Food for thought though, eh?!

Euro-court outlaws criticism of EU - Telegraph

http://bit.ly/1pGiEHk

The implications for free speech regarding impending vaping legislation are clear - although I really can't see them pushing this beyond constructive/unfair dismissal claims.

Food for thought though, eh?!

its scary what they can do.......really scary

Very troubling times indeed. We need to put some distance between us and the EU. I don't think people realise what's going on here. I'll probably get in trouble for saying this so admin edit if you need to but the EU is not that different from Nazi Germany in some ways. We are getting assimilated!

Very troubling times indeed. We need to put some distance between us and the EU. I don't think people realise what's going on here. I'll probably get in trouble for saying this so admin edit if you need to but the EU is not that different from Nazi Germany in some ways. We are getting assimilated!

you have hit the nail on the head +1 :thumbup:

We need to get rid of the coalition before we all end up European. I'm an English Brit. And absolutely have zero interest in a foreign government telling me what I can and can not do or say for that matter.

Its my views and opinions and they can keep their beaks out. And there hands off my wallet. I will always say and buy what I want.

Apologies if I've caused offense. But just my view on this

We need to get rid of the coalition before we all end up European. I'm an English Brit. And absolutely have zero interest in a foreign government telling me what I can and can not do or say for that matter.

Its my views and opinions and they can keep their beaks out. And there hands off my wallet. I will always say and buy what I want.

Apologies if I've caused offense. But just my view on this

Sadly its not just a British thing, EU thing, China thing....its a world wide problem.

Lets hope that Mr connelly wins at the court of human rights. Or this cold have huge implications. I for one shall be watching this close

We are all European because we are on the same tectonic plate.

Britishness is an anachronism, the term is functionless. Part-Cornish celt, part-Welsh, part-Italian, part-Leicester with a Colombian-born son. We are a nation, like all nations, of mongrels.

Liberty?

Our land and wealth was robbed from us by the French, our freedom to roam and farm common land was stolen by acts of Parliament representing the rich and the powerful.

Freedom is an illusion. Acts of parliament are there to suppress not support, politics is nothing more than 'in my interest' and voting is a waste of time.

Rights?

You have the right to be in debt, you have the right to work harder than you did last year, you have the right to get poorer, you have the right to help the rich get richer and you have the right to die.

The only equality we have is in death.

"Europe" is simply an extension by which the rich can continue to insulate themselves from the poor.

Pulling out of Europe is the same as staying in Europe.

Cameron tried and failed to lock out free speech through lobby and charitable organisations prior to elections. Every way they can they will explore and enact methods to curb your liberty.

Education is geared to rote learning, no government wants a population of free-thinkers. No government will allow the people to reclaim ancient rights to land and liberty.

Protest? You'll be kettled.
Campaign against them? Expose them? You'll be maligned or prosecuted. And probably both.

Start a movement? They'll distract the public with something outside the other car window.

The world is full of rich cunts fucking us over every which way they can. The only way to stop them is to fight back. I wish the world would wake up from its torpor.

Probably the most 'political' I've ever been on a forum.

Apologies. :imstupid

I'm thinking about joining a Trade Union. I haven't been in a Union since the 1970's. It's probably not much of a fight back but I just feel the need to have something/someone to fight my corner. I'm too old to be chucking Molotov Cocktails and besides, I no longer have the matches.

Back
Top Bottom