What's new

Requested cross-post - What should we do?

My suggestion...
Our POTV Twitter account is creeping ever so close to over 1000 followers... I know it's not a lot in the big scheme of things, but we reach a lot of people, get hundreds of retweets a week (Especially the EU and ECITA tweets)

I have no problem adding another twitter account/fb page/ or google+(or all 3) to the mix that is strictly for organization of the different groups and forums. (as I have said previously, the biggest problems lies in us not working together
smiley2.gif
) and adding other people as controllers of the groups (Admins on here, AAEC, ECR, ECITA, ECCA, CAMVIP ect ect) gives us a way to reach all the people we currently know, combined, which can then create a domino effect and potentially reach those million vapers?

It's a start?

Since no ones even acknowledged this on the other forum, what do you guys reckon? Is it a good idea this way the Admins of all the major UK based forums can have a single reference point and be able to get in touch with all of us in one place? It would keep you guys updated to how we are working together and with what and who else?

Since no ones even acknowledged this on the other forum, what do you guys reckon? Is it a good idea this way the Admins of all the major UK based forums can have a single reference point and be able to get in touch with all of us in one place? It would keep you guys updated to how we are working together and with what and who else?

Speaking just for myself, I think we desperately need that.
I try to follow as much as I can and take part. I'm using the same twitter account for everything because I've now got a few hundred followers. I don't use Facebook much now, in fact only use it for the many forums and organisations related to vaping now. But because the same things are posted on the forums and because some things are only posted on one, it's impossible to keep up with everything.
We are too scatterred and need a single place to exchange information.

Speaking just for myself, I think we desperately need that.
I try to follow as much as I can and take part. I'm using the same twitter account for everything because I've now got a few hundred followers. I don't use Facebook much now, in fact only use it for the many forums and organisations related to vaping now. But because the same things are posted on the forums and because some things are only posted on one, it's impossible to keep up with everything.
We are too scatterred and need a single place to exchange information.

I've also sent an email off to ECCA with a suggestion that I think, in my perty lil head, is a damn good one, but will require some community feed back, hope they get back to me in the next few days :)

What about a single Facebook page, 'Vapers Against EU Ban' or something more descriptive (words are ot my strong point!) with info and news updates. Every vaping forum could have a sticky post or banner that links to this and, and could also have a sticky post 'What You Can Do' with links to a single petition and advice on writing to your MP/MEP and a template letter to print and sign off to really make things easy if people don't really know what to say on their own?

As you say, all the support needs to be concentrated into one place to really make the point. As much as I hate Facebook it does work well because people on friends lists can see when you 'like' the page, and also when you 'like' a post - they're also further reached when you share a post. Once everyone's in one place that show of support can be used to strengthen the argument within the media. I hate to say it, but Facebook really does have a lot to answer for these days - people take it very seriously.

As for celebrity supporters, someone mentioned Dr Chris Steele from This Morning is a big supporter, and reading his wiki page he's also an expert on smoking and it's effects. I wonder if he even realises the extend of the vaping community?

What about a single Facebook page, 'Vapers Against EU Ban' or something more descriptive (words are ot my strong point!) with info and news updates. Every vaping forum could have a sticky post or banner that links to this and, and could also have a sticky post 'What You Can Do' with links to a single petition and advice on writing to your MP/MEP and a template letter to print and sign off to really make things easy if people don't really know what to say on their own?

As you say, all the support needs to be concentrated into one place to really make the point. As much as I hate Facebook it does work well because people on friends lists can see when you 'like' the page, and also when you 'like' a post - they're also further reached when you share a post. Once everyone's in one place that show of support can be used to strengthen the argument within the media. I hate to say it, but Facebook really does have a lot to answer for these days - people take it very seriously.

As for celebrity supporters, someone mentioned Dr Chris Steele from This Morning is a big supporter, and reading his wiki page he's also an expert on smoking and it's effects. I wonder if he even realises the extend of the vaping community?

I suggested something like that and no one on UKV said anything about that.

I have no problems setting this up and can do it right now and make several people from all the forums admins on the page?

I suggested something like that and no one on UKV said anything about that.

I have no problems setting this up and can do it right now and make several people from all the forums admins on the page?

It might be, as is often the case, that people wait for someone else do do the legwork and they can just do the easy thing and click the Like button!

I think it definitely has to help, as much as there's things I don't like about FB it is good for stuff like that. Also it might help us connect with other worldwide vaping communities that are either under the same threat of a ban or have won against similar threats.

In the short time I've been vaping and a member of this community, one of the things that has become extremely clear is how much we all love vaping, how much we all like other people who like vaping, how helpful and friendly everyone is and how we are all united against the thought of being pretty much forced back to a situation where we all end up smoking again. None of us wants that!

One of the things I will say, I've found it quite hard to find the central point of the campaign, in fact I'm still not sure where it is. If it's all concentrated to a single point it can only be a good thing!

I think the thing to do is go ahead and set up an FB page, KulrMeStoopid - if everyone is waiting for someone else it'll never get done. If you build it, they will come!

The POTV mods do such a great job on here, I would think they would also make great FB page admins :)

We should also have a separate thread linking and explaining the FB page, a sticky thread maybe?

I feel like I'm being a bit bossy! Sorry! I don't mean to be. Just to explain, I work with for a company that works with brand sponsorship and I see first hand how important FB campaigns and FB posts are to them - If it's that important to them it must be because it works - so why can't it work for us, too!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom