What's new

Requested cross-post - What should we do?

You would have thought they would think (is that bad grammar?) it would make a good story!!!!...........over a million people being forced to return to smoking?!!

Is it worth putting out a forum wide post to see if any of our vapers work at, or have any contacts with the BBC/ITV etc, etc?

I don't know how many posts of that type have been made in individual forums in a number of threads.
The trouble is, we are a small minority of vapers and we are split across forums, ideologies and aims. We need to get together and hope that somebody knows somebody in media who vapes, even if it's just the odd disposable cigalike where smoking isn't allowed.
The BBC does allow staff to vape at their desks.

But maybe if it was pitched right an anti-EU tabloid could be interested. A 'EU planning to make cheap easy successful method to stop smoking virtually illegal' headline could sell.
If anybody can get a publicity agent interested in their story, those people make their money by selling to the media. Another idea.

I've just text my brother to see if he knows anyone who could help.......he's a Graphic Designer that works with a lot of magazines/news papers.

I'll let you know what he says.

Also I'm pretty sure with Vbulliten you can post an "announcement" that appears across the top of the screen when you log in..............use that top make a request?

My brother doesn't have any contacts that can help, he did say get our issue "trending" on Twitter - I have no idea what that means though, and don't and won't use Twitter.

Would it be possible to contact some famous people that Vape via twitter and get them worried.......maybe they would "Tweet" (correct phrase?) and get it in the media?

My suggestion...

Our POTV Twitter account is creeping ever so close to over 1000 followers... I know it's not a lot in the big scheme of things, but we reach a lot of people, get hundreds of retweets a week (Especially the EU and ECITA tweets)

I have no problem adding another twitter account/fb page/ or google+(or all 3) to the mix that is strictly for organization of the different groups and forums. (as I have said previously, the biggest problems lies in us not working together
smiley2.gif
) and adding other people as controllers of the groups (Admins on here, AAEC, ECR, ECITA, ECCA, CAMVIP ect ect) gives us a way to reach all the people we currently know, combined, which can then create a domino effect and potentially reach those million vapers?

It's a start?

As posted elsewhere, I have just sent a message to the BBC via the BBC news app I have on my mobile.........If we all do that it might get there attention? and also easy to do!!

As posted elsewhere, I have just sent a message to the BBC via the BBC news app I have on my mobile.........If we all do that it might get there attention? and also easy to do!!

Whats the contact address whipitup? Maybe start a new thread in Health and Legal information specific for sending emails for this?

Also contact someone from Ukip..............they are anti everything EU??!

Back
Top Bottom