What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Kind Consumer Limited...

Not quite, the tech is being modified from asthma inhalers - basically a breath operated metered dose inhaler - may work better than current ones but will be cold and wet or cold and dry, not a patch on a PV

~From the article:

The nicotine vapour Inhaler, although simulating the behavioural aspects of smoking and presenting some sensory cues, delivers nicotine very much slower than a cigarette.

it's also being made by BAT.

There is all kinds of money chasing a MA approved e-cig. Leaving aside the irony of BAT making devices designed to help addicts quit, it'll be crap. It'll be better than the inhalators that are around now but not a patch on an e-lite or a nico-lite or a n other looky likey e-cig and those are interminable in comparison to an eGo with a clearo.

The thing that they don't seem to 'get' is that exhaling a visible vapour is a big part of the appeal/ritual of smoking and unless a device also simulates that it's not going to go over well with people who want a safer alternative, not when their are proper e-cigs out there already.

It'll be a very expensive (and will make the backers a pile of money no doubt) NRT with a very slightly better quit rate stat I reckon. Which will be dwarfed by the quit stats of proper e-cigs or snus.

From what I have read/seen of this device, there is a container with an ashma inhaler type technology that holds the liquid. When an 'imitation cigarette' delivery device is inserted it is filled from the liquid container. The delivery device gives metered 2 second 'puffs' over a period of two minutes, when it needs to be inserted into the refill device.

It does have one similarity to an ecig, it is a cigalike in appearance although with no LED and no heating. Apart from that it works just like an asthma inhaler.
Unlike current inhalators the user should feel something when inhaling, a cold spray. Of course if there was any visible vapour it would be impossible to get an MA for it as it would then 'look like smoking'.

I described this to my GP, who is supportive of vaping and changes the status of vapers to 'non-smoker' after the NICE-ordained period without smoking. When I described the Kind Consumer/BAT device to him he said that it wouldn't work. In fact he thought it would be less successful than current inhalators, patches and so on.

My GP will not normally prescribe chantix as he thinks it too dangerous. Although he was, at first anyway, keen on medically approved ecigs just because he'd be able to prescribe them, I think he may now realise that no real ecig is ever likely to be approved because 'it looks like smoking'.

Back
Top Bottom