What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Is it true about the FDA?

Vibrant Vapours

Initiate
I may have missed the thread but is it true about the FDA banning E-Cig sales, I found a link in another forum saying about it.

If it is true, god help us Vendors Here.

http://fdaprilfools.us.to/gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/PressAnnouncements/ucm13371337.htm

[h=3]FDA NEWS RELEASE[/h]For Immediate Release: April 1, 2013
Media Inquiries: Phil Busardo; [email protected]
Consumer Inquiries: 888-INFO-FDA
FDA announces ban on electronic cigarette sales
Impending regulation of electronic nicotine delivery devices
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today announced its intentions to ban the sale of electronic cigarettes and electronic cigarette paraphernalia effective April 7, 2013. Shipments containing electronic cigarettes and nicotine-containing fluids will be seized after this time. A notice has been mailed to major electronic cigarette distributors to cease operations in the United States as of April 7, 2013 and to recall all products from store shelves. At this time, the FDA is not announcing any bans on electronic cigarette usage.
The companies receiving warning letters today are: Lorillard Technologies, Inc, Njoy Inc, Joyetech Inc, Ovale Inc, Volcano Ecigs, Mt Baker Vapor, iVape, SnG Vapor, OKC Vapes, steammonkey.com, madvapes.com, aveliquid.com, cloudsofvapor.com, captivape.com, discountvapers.com, myvaporstore.com, thevaporchef.com, & gotvapes.com.
After consulting with industry healthcare professionals, the FDA has decided that electronic cigarettes shall remain off of store shelves until further research can be completed. In our study conducted over two weeks with 3 common electronic cigarette brands, we found over 9000 carcinogens, many of which were not found in tobacco smoke. Due to the unknown long-term effects of electronic cigarette usage, electronic cigarettes will remain banned until futher studies can be completed.
For a electronic nicotine delivery devices to gain FDA approval, a company must demonstrate to the agency that the product is safe and effective for its intended use. The company must also demonstrate that manufacturing methods are adequate to preserve the strength, quality and purity of the product. If electronic cigarettes can be proven safe, the FDA intends to remove the ban and list them as schedule IV narcotics to be used as a short-term smoking cessasion aid.
The FDA, an agency within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, protects the public health by assuring the safety, effectiveness, and security of human and veterinary drugs, vaccines and other biological products for human use, and medical devices. The agency also is responsible for the safety and security of our nation’s food supply, cosmetics, dietary supplements, products that give off electronic radiation, and for regulating tobacco products.

That and Pbusardo is the media contact LMAO @ Phil Busardo! he is too funny!

O.M.G!!!!!

PLEASE....don't DOOOOOO that, I nearly had a coronary & my health is so much better since I started vaping!

:whiteflag:

Back
Top Bottom