What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Insurance policy

Just a thought, been thinking about my future...54 now and 1 cracking grandchild, a little boy I want to play football with and take up my seasonal caravan as often as possible.
So step 1 was to take a look at my lifestyle, I walk mountains quite regularly and try to keep a degree of fitness, but I used to smoke up to 20 a day, (nearly 40 years)..... I can now boast with the help from this forum I am on about week 10 without the stinkies and never think about cigs.
Now my question, sorry about the long lead up, but while thinking about my lifestyle, the question of life insurance cropped up, sensible I think.
The one question your guaranteed to be asked on all health policy's is... Do you smoke. Well at this time in point I don't, if the policy doesn't ask the question have you smoked within the last 5 or 10 years, am I being deceitful and dishonest with my answer.
Sorry if this question has been asked before.

Sent from my XT1032 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

If life has taught me anything - it's never to supply people with more information than you are prepared to be held against you, short of outright lies you can't get away with.

Look at the wording of the policy - if it asks are you a smoker then answer no - you don't inhale smoke, legally that wording is true. If it asks if you consume nicotine it is a different kettle of fish.

I told my GP and he put me down as non smoker, you are not inhaling smoke and under the system of good faith that soldier blue mentions you are giving information to the best of your knowledge, it is up to the insurance company to clarify their wording and not for you to justify the difference.

I agree with the last couple. If it asks if you are a smoker, the answer is no - if they tried to wriggle out of paying, the government has obligingly provided a legal definition of smoking - I don't see how any insurance company could get away with refusing payment if the person wasn't meeting that legal definition

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Thanks again to all those who commented,
I have been through the application form again.... and the only question relating to smoking is, are you a smoker on non smoker, nothing on NCT or even nicotine of any description.

Back
Top Bottom