What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Importing from within the EU after new regulations?

No problem Dexter , rant away my friend I am totally with you on this one.
That was kind of the point of this thread, how in the hell would they propose to actually stop us from importing Mods, tanks, Nic juice, eliquid or anything else either from EU countries with looser regulations than the UK or indeed from much farther afield.

Assuming an EU wide ban or medical regs are not put in place and it's left to individual member states to decide their own vaping policies I will simply import from those countries, failing that I will import from farther afield, China if necessary.

For the record I would rather see simple commercial regulation in the EU/UK with decent quality control on devices and eliquid but existing consumer law is already adequate for this purpose IMO.

I did spend a good few years of my life imbibing certain green herbs, gave up a good while ago now, and would prefer not to be made to feel like a common criminal again if possible, sorry to Mods if that oversteps any boundaries, please feel free to edit if inappropriate, I'm not advocating breaking the law as such just giving my opinion.

Hope that's ok Kulrmestoopid...

There are many sources for many things we need mate, and I believe that when the changes come in a lot of little cooperatives will spring up, and group buying will be all the rage! :D

No problem @Dexter , rant away my friend I am totally with you on this one.
That was kind of the point of this thread, how in the hell would they propose to actually stop us from importing Mods, tanks, Nic juice, eliquid or anything else either from EU countries with looser regulations than the UK or indeed from much farther afield.

Assuming an EU wide ban or medical regs are not put in place and it's left to individual member states to decide their own vaping policies I will simply import from those countries, failing that I will import from farther afield, China if necessary.

For the record I would rather see simple commercial regulation in the EU/UK with decent quality control on devices and eliquid but existing consumer law is already adequate for this purpose IMO.

I did spend a good few years of my life imbibing certain green herbs, gave up a good while ago now, and would prefer not to be made to feel like a common criminal again if possible, sorry to Mods if that oversteps any boundaries, please feel free to edit if inappropriate, I'm not advocating breaking the law as such just giving my opinion.

Hope that's ok Kulrmestoopid...
No lines crossed, and coming from a similarly chequered past, I whole heartedly agree with you. My days of meeting a friend of a friend just to get ripped off with some dodgy shit are well behind me now and I don't want to go through that again. I live a happy, healthy and legal life now and would very much like to keep it that way :)

Thanks Purplefowler

Yep, don't miss all that messing around with dodgy scrotes at all, just want to be an honest, proud and open Vaper really.

If I'm forced to circumvent draconian regs to continue I will do but I'll be royally pissed about it.

Aside from not wanting to be criminalised for making a harm reduction life choice, there's the issue of public acceptance of vaping if our activities are seen to be legally suspect.

When we consider how damaging the EU, WHO, BMA and Daily Mail's propaganda is to the public perception of vaping, how much worse will it be when those organisations are gleefully promoting us as smugglers of banned kit and liquid?

Aside from not wanting to be criminalised for making a harm reduction life choice, there's the issue of public acceptance of vaping if our activities are seen to be legally suspect.

When we consider how damaging the EU, WHO, BMA and Daily Mail's propaganda is to the public perception of vaping, how much worse will it be when those organisations are gleefully promoting us as smugglers of banned kit and liquid?

I've had my name in the paper,heard my name mentioned on the radio news where I had been fined £5000 for breaching planning regulations,making me a criminal for parking an ex-fucking taxi outside my house,the "evidence" used was a photo taken from the end of the street of my "expired private hire" council plated transit minibus just after NYE by the fuckwit counsellor! So,if I have to return to such criminal activities as vaping illegal juice from illegal gear then whoohoo,fuck em.I'll just add the fines to the outstanding amount left on the £5000(finish paying this in 2023 by my last reckoning)

I've had my name in the paper,heard my name mentioned on the radio news where I had been fined £5000 for breaching planning regulations,making me a criminal for parking an ex-fucking taxi outside my house,the "evidence" used was a photo taken from the end of the street of my "expired private hire" council plated transit minibus just after NYE by the fuckwit counsellor! So,if I have to return to such criminal activities as vaping illegal juice from illegal gear then whoohoo,fuck em.I'll just add the fines to the outstanding amount left on the £5000(finish paying this in 2023 by my last reckoning)

Feck Me Chegs, that`s harsh mate.
How in the hell do they justify 5 grand??!!

It`s the whole "Nanny State" thing we have going on in this country these days. It`s getting beyond stupid.
That and "Where`s there`s blame there`s a claim".

:rant:

I'm going to be totally honest, I couldn't give a feck if it is illegal in the future. If there are vendors who will sell to the UK, and I want it, the government can kiss my arse, I AM going to buy it. Intra-European post doesn't require customs declarations, so I can't see for the life of me how they are going to enforce any of the proposed laws. I will also order from further afield, and work on a 25% seizure rate by customs.

Sorry to rant on your thread @FUBAR1977. :D

+1 well said :thumbup:

Feck Me Chegs, that`s harsh mate.
How in the hell do they justify 5 grand??!!

Apparently,I could have had a fine upto £30,000 (or was it 10k,can't recall)

I had been running a taxi business from a council house with never any issues,my dad gifted me the family home when he went into residential care and within hours of moving in(we were still unpacking our stuff)a neighbour knocked and started banging on about council tax(she works for the council)at 7pm.I kinda told her to feck off as I didn't pay the tax.A few weeks later,I received a letter from the council asking me to pay feck knows how much arrears on tax which also got filed in the "go feck yourselves" filing cabinet.As I was a taxi-driver,I frequently had other companies taxis parked outside as all my mates drove taxis too and eventually one of them was making next doors access to her drive a little awkward(she would have needed reverse on instead of drive on)so she knocked & demanded I shift my taxi.I tried to explain it wasn't mine,but as she's hated my very existence ever since I was a child,she wasn't for listening & just went to her door & went in slamming it behind her.A few minutes later,the council woman from opposite appeared and informed me it was illegal to run a taxi business from a residential property without planning consent which irked me,so I told her I wasn't running a business from there,taxis work from taxi ranks and as I was a taxi driver I needed somewhere to leave the taxi when I wasn't working and commonsense told me it was best to leave it OUTSIDE my own fecking house.(the whole estate were so stuck up they were convinced their own shit didn't stink)A long story shortened,I eventually received a letter telling me I was banned from having any of my taxis within 100 yards of my house(bit awkward to comply if I got a passenger on the rank wished to go to my street)I did my best to comply though,told all my drivers to leave the taxi on a free car park in town(I had 5 cars & 2 minibuses by this time)and if they were calling in for a coffee,leave their taxi off the street.By Christmas,I had decided there wasn't enough work for 2 minibuses so opted not to renew the private hire plate on my transit bus and use it as my own personal transport(but left the expired plate on the back so my neighbours could see it WASN'T a taxi)That was Dec 6th it expired,January 6th I received notification the council intended prosecuting me for Breach of Planning regulations.At court,a council legal-eagle pointed out that "once a taxi,always a taxi" and proceeded to explain to the judge that their records showed I owned 11 taxis! (I didn't own 11 as I'd bought & sold on a few vehicles)A councillor produced a heap of letters from neighbours(the 2 I'd had dealing with & a couple oftheir friends)of complaints they'd made about my taxis,and the photo of my minibus outside.Result....I was fined £5000,though the judge waived the council claim for costs.(this fine was upheld on appeal too)

@Chegs As a licensed hackney taxi driver in Glasgow I understand your anger....Our lot in the council are a bunch of Bar Stewards as well.....I've been fighting them for years to install CCTV in my cabs as a safety feature for both driver and passengers and next week (If all goes well) they will rubber stamp my application, which in turn allowes any cab or private hire vehicle in Glasgow to install it...:)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom