What's new

Importing from within the EU after new regulations?

Fubar1977

Achiever
Just sat here thinking...

If we end up in a situation whereby here in the UK we end up with Vapourisers and eliquid a heavily regulated as "Medical Products" but other countries in the EU opt to regulate as Consumer Products, what exactly would stop me from personally importing into the UK from another EU country where they were NOT regulated as medical products?

I thought the whole point of the EU was free trade between all member nations...

I'm not suggesting "breaking the law" as such I just don't see how they would stop it without a full EU ban or full EU medical regulation.

What am I missing here, or am I oversimplifying this?

Last edited:
Not 100% sure, but as snus can be bought from Sweden for personal use in the UK (and there's an EU ban on it being sold here), I imagine bringing it in or ordering by mail for personal use would have to be permitted

I'm going to be totally honest, I couldn't give a feck if it is illegal in the future. If there are vendors who will sell to the UK, and I want it, the government can kiss my arse, I AM going to buy it. Intra-European post doesn't require customs declarations, so I can't see for the life of me how they are going to enforce any of the proposed laws. I will also order from further afield, and work on a 25% seizure rate by customs.

Sorry to rant on your thread @FUBAR1977. :D

Last edited:
I'm going to be totally honest, I couldn't give a feck if it is illegal in the future. If there are vendors who will sell to the UK, and I want it, the government can kiss my arse, I AM going to buy it. Intra-European post doesn't require customs declarations, so I can't see for the life of me how they are going to enforce any of the proposed laws. I will also order from further afield, and work on a 25% seizure rate by customs.

Sorry to rant on your thread @FUBAR 1977. :D

+1 :clapping:

Sorry to rant on your thread @FUBAR 1977. :D

25%! You'll be bloody lucky, only about 5% actually gets anything more than a cursory sniff from Bob the Labrador...:lol1:

25%! You'll be bloody lucky, only about 5% actually gets anything more than a cursory sniff from Bob the Labrador...:lol1:

SEE! I'm 20% up already! And, "Bob the Labrador" - hahahahahahahahaha! Ooooooohhhhhh! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. :D

Can they seize goods from outside the EU - if it's EU sales that are restricted?

I'm particularly curious as to how they plan to police tanks over 2ml, as without nic, they're just metal & glass. When they permit the sale of items specifically designed for use with illegal drugs, how on earth can they restrict the containers designed for a legal one?

if it does, don't panic, i'll be buying a chest freezer and a lot of brown glass demijohns ;)

Last edited:
Short answet , Fleabag, they won't be able to. One of the speakers at the E-Cigarette Summit in November actually looked the rodent faced gimp, Jeremy Mean in the face and took the piss at how and why the police and customs would either have the time or inclination to police the proposed laws and regulations. I found it a hugely satisfying thing, I've got to say.

I think the expert (and I wish I could remember who it was!) said it would be like trying to hold back a tidal wave. Rock on! :D

Back
Top Bottom