What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Has this been posted

Well that was an eye-opening read! I've been working on the assumption that I should reduce my nic level to zero if I want to be healthy, but it seems like I'd have more of a positive impact on my health by cutting out the coffee! Funny thing is, if I gave up coffee for health reasons I know people would look at me like I was crazy *crazy*

A clear and concise summary of the facts available for nicotine, I think I'll have a look at including this info in the Wiki...:read:

This article has now been incorporated into the Wiki under Effects of Nicotine and includes citations to studies etc.:frustratedcomputer:

I think it's slightly disingenuous to suggest that nicotine is not addictive, simply because there have been no studies in which people are deliberately exposed to it to see if they become addicted. Such a study would be deeply unethical, and I don't believe there has been one where people were injected with heroin to see if they developed a habit either.

The fact that we are able to comfortably replace smoking with vaping implies that our addiction is still being catered to. No-one in their right mind I think, could argue that smoking is not addictive. There has been a lot of incidence of ex smokers becoming addicted to NRT instead of smoking, and I think a lot of us would find it very difficult to stop vaping, whether we want to believe that or not.

I do think it's highly likely that vaping is less addictive than smoking, because tobacco contains other addictive substances such as MAOIs, but not addictive at all? Not buying it. The first thing I reach for in the morning is a vape before I make the coffee, and I know very well when I haven't had one for a few hours, and the feeling when I do later is just like the first fag after not smoking for hours.

I'm certainly addicted, not that it's in any way a problem if it's not damaging my health. I'm addicted to caffeine as well, and don't have a problem with that either.

Last edited:
On the addiction side of nicotine they do state, "evidence either way, and there isn't any". So it may or may not be.
I posted this up for the safety aspect of nicotine, as they seem to be constantly, hammering the safety angle. It is supposed/assumed that the lethal dose is 50-60mg. Which is wrong, and will deter people from using e-cigs. It is well documented that the LD is much higher. The case of a suicide attempt by Shmidt it think in 1931. He consumed 4g (not 4mg) of pure nicotine and survived.
There is also a document about PG, which discloses the fact that PG has very good germicide properties. And those well documented tests where done in the 1940's. But I've lost the link.

So it seems my nicotine dpendance is more likely due to an unhealthy lack of bonding with my parents than any addictiveness of just nicotine?

So it seems my nicotine dpendance is more likely due to an unhealthy lack of bonding with my parents than any addictiveness of just nicotine?

Could be both. You would have to eliminate your parents to be sure.

Back
Top Bottom