What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

EU Proposes Effective Ban on E-Cigarette Cartridges/Eliquid

Have you contacted your MP/MEP's?

• Yes I have and they have responded

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Yes I have and they have not responded

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • No, but I plan to.

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • No and I do not plan to.

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Yes I have but only some have replied

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Where did you get the Lords from?
One of my MEPs is the head of UKIP and my MP is Education Secretary.

The biggest threat to the Tories would be if vapers en masse threatened to vote for UKIP. The Libs and Labour would not like it and it is one of the things (UK withdrawal) that could threaten the stability of the EU - it would become even more German dominated. The EU is corrupt and run by a cadre of unelected plutocrats that are not accountable to the parliament - all they have to do is 'take into account' the parliament's views. i.e. it is not a democracy - hence this sort of lunatic policy making process. It is possible to beat though - motorcycling beat it in the early 1990s and the Commissioner involved had to go.

I actually believe that being in the EU on a commercial trading basis is vital for the UK. I also loathe the structure, graft, inefficiency, lack of democracy and bureaucratic excesses and excessive over powerful bureaucrats that the current EU structure has. I would never normally consider voting UKIP though. However in this circumstance, I would. And it is a real threat if carried out en masse.

Meanwhile - I am writing to no one until I see what the fabulously competent and eloquent Kate at ECITA comes up with and will follow and leads / pointers she makes.

I am hoping to hear from one of my MEPs that I wrote to, but Nigel Farage is very busy.
How could children be attracted to menthol cigarettes? They've always tasted disgusting to me and even a Guardian columnist wrote a piece against this Directive. She smokes menthol cigarettes to keep her breath fresh but said about then ;'who would want to smoke a tool box'.

Guys, I am new to this forum, and in fairness I have not read the whole of this thread, but I did see someone say that they would lower their nic level to 4mg, that would not be good enough, the Directive meant ng, which is 0.4mg if I am correct.

None the less, we need to all stand together now! We have time to change this, no matter what Forum you follow or fb group you are in, all, and I mean ALL Vapers must stand together, so forget any petty squabbles you have with members of other groups or even Vendors, we need to get our act together NOW!!

Not just in the UK, but all of Europe, I think it maybe an idea to have a Forum set up just for this Topic, so that anyone, from anywhere, and from any group or forum can join forces, it is that important.

No matter what your political views are, I won't let the EU sentence me or any fellow Vapers to death!!

The biggest threat to the Tories would be if vapers en masse threatened to vote for UKIP. The Libs and Labour would not like it and it is one of the things (UK withdrawal) that could threaten the stability of the EU - it would become even more German dominated. The EU is corrupt and run by a cadre of unelected plutocrats that are not accountable to the parliament - all they have to do is 'take into account' the parliament's views. i.e. it is not a democracy - hence this sort of lunatic policy making process. It is possible to beat though - motorcycling beat it in the early 1990s and the Commissioner involved had to go.

I actually believe that being in the EU on a commercial trading basis is vital for the UK. I also loathe the structure, graft, inefficiency, lack of democracy and bureaucratic excesses and excessive over powerful bureaucrats that the current EU structure has. I would never normally consider voting UKIP though. However in this circumstance, I would. And it is a real threat if carried out en masse.

Meanwhile - I am writing to no one until I see what the fabulously competent and eloquent Kate at ECITA comes up with and will follow and leads / pointers she makes.

I've also thought that the EU is, in general, of great benefit to us, but I would vote UKIP if they guaranteed leaving our eliquid alone. Over 24 mg/ml could have a medical license if they wanted to kow-tow to the WHO (who wants nicotine in all forms banned (but forgot pesticides because nobody inhales them). ECITA could be dismissed as only interested in profits and not the health of customers.

I wrote in the ECCA Forum yesterday. ECCA is our consumer body but it can'd do anything without a lot of consumer members.
My reply from ECCA 'ECCA is not about a small group of people that do the grunt work so others don't have to. Joining and participating is what makes ECCA work. ECCA works as the unification of individual action.

I commend you for taking that step forward and getting things done

ECCA probably appears useless because so few take any interest in it. A consumer organisation needs the practical help and support of consumers - that's us.
They could co-ordinate all the stuff we're doing on our own in our own threads in our own forums.

You know what they say, use it or lose it.

I've also thought that the EU is, in general, of great benefit to us, but I would vote UKIP if they guaranteed leaving our eliquid alone. Over 24 mg/ml could have a medical license if they wanted to kow-tow to the WHO (who wants nicotine in all forms banned (but forgot pesticides because nobody inhales them). ECITA could be dismissed as only interested in profits and not the health of customers.

I wrote in the ECCA Forum yesterday. ECCA is our consumer body but it can'd do anything without a lot of consumer members.
My reply from ECCA 'ECCA is not about a small group of people that do the grunt work so others don't have to. Joining and participating is what makes ECCA work. ECCA works as the unification of individual action.

I commend you for taking that step forward and getting things done

ECCA probably appears useless because so few take any interest in it. A consumer organisation needs the practical help and support of consumers - that's us.
They could co-ordinate all the stuff we're doing on our own in our own threads in our own forums.

You know what they say, use it or lose it.

Anyone who reads ECITA's output might realize that they have devoted a huge amount of effort to providing cogent logical and researched responses to some of the most scurrilous pseudo-scientific attacks on vaping, political shenanigans and ineptitude. If there is a voice of authority anywhere in vaping ECITA seems to be it. ECCA is prone to rants. If any organization is likely to dissect the tobacco directive and refute it on a clear, logical point by point basis, my money would be on ECITA. ECITA also seems to have a library of resources and access to scientific research - Wiley et al. I have seen little commercial levering by ECITA, rather I have witnessed it fight for vaping on a macro PR scale - which of course is of fundamental necessity to the survival of its members businesses and per se vaping too.

Guys, I am new to this forum, and in fairness I have not read the whole of this thread, but I did see someone say that they would lower their nic level to 4mg, that would not be good enough, the Directive meant ng, which is 0.4mg if I am correct.

None the less, we need to all stand together now! We have time to change this, no matter what Forum you follow or fb group you are in, all, and I mean ALL Vapers must stand together, so forget any petty squabbles you have with members of other groups or even Vendors, we need to get our act together NOW!!

Not just in the UK, but all of Europe, I think it maybe an idea to have a Forum set up just for this Topic, so that anyone, from anywhere, and from any group or forum can join forces, it is that important.

No matter what your political views are, I won't let the EU sentence me or any fellow Vapers to death!!

Nanograms are for blood plasma levels and as a 2010 scientific study reported, a 16 mg old-style Ruyan gave a blood plasma level of 1.3 ng.
But they also want to restrict eliquids to under 2mg(milligrams) or under 4 mg/ml. They'd like it to be no-nic.
The lowest available other than no-nic is 6 mg/ml juice.

As for BAT and Intellicig, they'll get a pharma license and be allowed to advertise just as they used to with cigarettes.

Anyone who reads ECITA's output might realize that they have devoted a huge amount of effort to providing cogent logical and researched responses to some of the most scurrilous pseudo-scientific attacks on vaping, political shenanigans and ineptitude. If there is a voice of authority anywhere in vaping ECITA seems to be it. ECCA is prone to rants. If any organization is likely to dissect the tobacco directive and refute it on a clear, logical point by point basis, my money would be on ECITA. ECITA also seems to have a library of resources and access to scientific research - Wiley et al. I have seen little commercial levering by ECITA, rather I have witnessed it fight for vaping on a macro PR scale - which of course is of fundamental necessity to the survival of its members businesses and per se vaping too.

I know they have. I'm just thinking about the 'not swayed by indusrty bodies' bit (apart from Big Pharma that is).
They have many billions invested not only in wuit medicines but alsi in those used for smoking-related diseases. That's probably the reason for the snus ban, no smoking disease and pharma companies lose a lot of money.

I think we can't afford to just sit back and rely on ECITA alone. We have to let as manny of those who make policy and vote on it what an enormous snafu this is.

As there's a 3 year consultation period on e-cigs I fail to see what the immediate flap is about. I also cannot see why the majority of tobacco companies entering the market place would wish to become medically authorized - it would complicate product development, extend the bringing to market process and restrict sales outlets. The industry has the whole contab sector available to it currently. The Intellicig move makes sense - because it could, if registered, be prescribed. That would give BAT a position in that market and lend respectability to e-cigs but not preclude them from developing and marketing products into the mass consumer market.

However, writing to MPs MEPs and the like raises vaping's profile in a positive way and lets them know there's a passionate vocal group whom they can court or alienate.

Last edited:
I've said it before and I'll say it again....stock up your freezer with nic base and feck em.

Back
Top Bottom