• No and I do not plan to.

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Yes I have but only some have replied

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The ECCA article is here.
http://www.eccauk.org/index.php/news-and-blog/eu-tobacco-directive-e-liquid-to-be-banned.html

If this becomes law here ther'll be no point in vaping and the government will be able to charge as much tax as they want on the cigarettes most of us will go back to.
I'm wondering if I should order in industral quantities, but there aren't many cheap enough to do that as DIY.

We could be saved by the current government wanting to opt out of some EU directives and so if this becomes law we would have to campaign for an exemption like the SNUS one in Sweden.

This looks like it will not come into effect until 2014/2015 if the UK adopt this. May I suggest we all start lowering our nic level to 4mg :smiley_simmons:

How many of us will be able to lower it to almost zero?
Add to that, anybody who wants to quit smoking with ecigs won't be abble to, the'll need NRT as well.

I was just told by a friend that recent medical evidence shows that nicotine has benefits and also that some long-term smokers who quit become very ill, permanently.
I don't know if this is true though. One of my local GPs told a friend in his 70s that he shouldn't try to quit because it would make him ill. That friend hasn't touched any form of tobacco for over 5 months because he started vaping. He's one of those who converted effortlessly with no craving but uses 18 mg. For me 4 mg would be nothing so I'd be back to smoking. Big Pharma gets little from me as I can't take medecines for blood pressure or cholesterol and NRT is useless. I'd not risk my life on the pills and my doctor refused to give me any because they were too dangerous.

If this does come in we can't stock up enough for many years because it doesn't last that long.

So what is the best way of reducing an eliquid without losing nic content, also, what is the best way to classify vaping 18mg juice as a religion?

What concerns me is the thinking behind this. Does restricting nicotine density to 4 mg necessarily restrict your nicotine intake? Of course not, you just use more liquid and therefore buy more cartridges if you want more nicotine! So if your need/preference is for a relatively low 12 mg, you will need to buy and vape 3 times as much to obtain the same satisfaction.

In theory this will be great for all vendors, because it will mean more sales. But which vendors do you think want to sell you as nearly as many e-cigs as you purchased when using tobacco and thereby achieve a similar revenue? Hmm, gee do you think this might suit big tobacco and the cigalike market? Then one more step to make nicotine a controlled substance requiring a pharmaceutical licence and before you can blink vaping will cost you as much as it did to smoke and your choice will be severely limited.

And why restrict nicotine content in an e-cig when the same measure has not been applied to tobacco? Who says you can't use higher density nicotine if you want to? Why should the State have that power?

It reeks. And just because I'm paranoid it doesn't mean they're not out to get me.

So what is the best way of reducing an eliquid without losing nic content, also, what is the best way to classify vaping 18mg juice as a religion?

Dont see why it can't be done? In the states Peyote is a common use in some of the native American tribes ;) They are allowed to possess it for spiritual purpose :D

Section 1307.31 Native American Church. The listing of peyote as a controlled substance in Schedule I does not apply to the nondrug use of peyote in bona fide religious ceremonies of the Native American Church, and members of the Native American Church so using peyote are exempt from registration. Any person who manufactures peyote for or distributes peyote to the Native American Church, however, is required to obtain registration annually and to comply with all other requirements of law.

Hi What's your religion?
Apeolocism
Whats the name of your Church?
Planet of The Vapes

Totally do-able!

Back
Top Bottom