What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Docs and the ban

Taxing baccy wouldn't worry me, the levels of nic that would be allowed after those studies and the level tax tax on nic would be

Currently sending Anna's excellent letter to all my local Lord's in the house of lord's as well :)

I went to the asthma clinic last week - told the nurse I've quit smoking and now vape - she put me down as an ex-smoker. If health professionals can see the benefits, why can't the bl**dy politicians and people in higher places?! :mad:

I had a similar experience, I tried the stop smoking crap from the NHS and went back to smoking(for the 9th time) after 2 weeks, told the nurse running it that I was going to try using an e-cig to quit. Instantly the nurse got several doctors into the room and they all ranted and raved about how e-cigs were not safe, were dangerous, and that they would not treat my asthma if I took up vapeing.

After 3 months I went in to the asthma clinic again to see how it was doing, while smoking I required using my brown(steroid) and blue inhalers 4-5 times a day, 4 puffs on each both times, and still would need the blue one now and then in between. After 3 months of vapeing I started having some major problems with breathing, mainly being very light headed and dizzy. The nurse started the checkup etc and it was determined that I was actually harming myself with the inhalers due to the fact my asthma had cleared up - a LOT. I now only use the inhalers once a day, 2 puffs each, and the blue one on the rare occasion when I need it. Seeing the huge change in such a short time all those doctors and nurses who were berating me and saying they wouldn't treat me, are now firmly encouraging patients(that failed on NRT) to convert to e-cigs to quit smoking.

Will need to go in soon to try and get them all to sign the petition!

We need them to write the MP's and sign the petition.

The announcment I posted up is a great baseline, so if people want to start mailing their docs and every one else they can think of.

After all we live in a world where bankers make the big cash laying credit traps for the poor to fall in, demolish an economy, and get rewarded for that with taxpayers dosh.

I agree with KMS that letters to MPs are probably an effective option.
At least they have more than a passing interest into being re-elected so to keep milking.
It's so sad we'll end up paying a premium on our decision to save money to the general community and discomfort to ourselves.

I wish all doctors were more up to speed with the whole ECig thing! My doc waqs really interested but we have had customers saying they mentioned it to their doc and they had never heard of ecigs!

I had a similar experience, I tried the stop smoking crap from the NHS and went back to smoking(for the 9th time) after 2 weeks, told the nurse running it that I was going to try using an e-cig to quit. Instantly the nurse got several doctors into the room and they all ranted and raved about how e-cigs were not safe, were dangerous, and that they would not treat my asthma if I took up vapeing.

After 3 months I went in to the asthma clinic again to see how it was doing, while smoking I required using my brown(steroid) and blue inhalers 4-5 times a day, 4 puffs on each both times, and still would need the blue one now and then in between. After 3 months of vapeing I started having some major problems with breathing, mainly being very light headed and dizzy. The nurse started the checkup etc and it was determined that I was actually harming myself with the inhalers due to the fact my asthma had cleared up - a LOT. I now only use the inhalers once a day, 2 puffs each, and the blue one on the rare occasion when I need it. Seeing the huge change in such a short time all those doctors and nurses who were berating me and saying they wouldn't treat me, are now firmly encouraging patients(that failed on NRT) to convert to e-cigs to quit smoking.

Will need to go in soon to try and get them all to sign the petition!

I have a theory, I am no doctor nor claim to be, but I recall reading somewhere that PG was intially developed as a method for cleaning hospital wards, in the 1930's I think, the vapour acting as a sterilant or a delivery system for the sterilant. Wish I could remember where I read it. Anyway, my theory is, vaping PG cleans or sterilises the lungs somehow, because before I took up vaping I was in a pretty bad way breathing wise, but now, I feel 10 years younger, I have had no cough or cold in 3 years ... but this is just my theory and should in no way be taken as a scientific fact.

I have a theory, I am no doctor nor claim to be, but I recall reading somewhere that PG was intially developed as a method for cleaning hospital wards, in the 1930's I think, the vapour acting as a sterilant or a delivery system for the sterilant. Wish I could remember where I read it. Anyway, my theory is, vaping PG cleans or sterilises the lungs somehow, because before I took up vaping I was in a pretty bad way breathing wise, but now, I feel 10 years younger, I have had no cough or cold in 3 years ... but this is just my theory and should in no way be taken as a scientific fact.

Correct it was used as a sterilizer, in vapour form, it kills bacteria :)

http://toxnet.nlm.nih.gov/cgi-bin/sis/search/a?dbs+hsdb:@term+@DOCNO+174

This link contains a huge list of different toxicity tests done on PG.

Just to give you an idea of how often humans come into contact, most of the tests involved oral intake, topical, and Intravenous, limited reports of allergy, common vapour produced symptom is ...SORE THROAT!....

Its in our medication, at any point in our lives if we ever needed a drip, its been pumped into our blood.

some high lights...

Some examples of medications that include propylene glycol as an intravenous diluent/solvent include: etomidate, lorazepam, diazepam, esmolol, phenytoin, nitroglycerin, pentobarbital, phenobarbital, hydrocortisone, digoxin, and trimethoprim/sulfamethoxazole. Most significant human toxicity results from exposure to large does of intravenous medications that contain propylene glycol as a solvent/diluent.</pre>

TOXICOLOGY: In general, propylene glycol is considered nontoxic; however, patients receiving large doses (especially by intravenous administration)</pre>

EPIDEMIOLOGY: Significant toxicity is extremely rare, with case reports described in the literature developing after rapid intravenous administration or prolonged intravenous infusion of drugs with propylene glycol as a diluent.</pre>

WITH THERAPEUTIC USE 1) No adverse effects are expected from propylene glycol when administered in therapeutic doses to healthy individuals.</pre>

Propylene glycol was not carcinogenic in experimental animals.</pre>

</pre>

Hydroscopic agents (eg, propylene glycol...) are added /to respiratory inhalants/ to reduce viscosity of bronchial secretions.

These are studies are a collective of studies from the 40's to recent.

Back
Top Bottom